IPAD 12.9 remote freezes up when cable/internet is down

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC8I7BEH/Rock Roon 1.8 (756)
IPAD 12.9 IOS 14.4 Roon 1.8 (756)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ASUS GT-AC5300

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Roon remote, 1.8, on IPAD 12.9 IOS 14.4 does not work when the cable/internet is down. First noticed after 1.8 upgrade when the provider lost power.

App starts and displays Recent Activity section then freezes up.

Windows 10 remote works fine with local files over Ethernet when the cable/internet is down.

Note 9 phone, Android 10, works when the cable/internet is down. Slow to connect but it does get there.

EDIT: the IPAD remote does continue to work if the remote software is already running when the cable/internet connection drops. It is trying to start the the remote app with the cable/internet connection down that cause the remote software to freeze up.

1 Like

Yesterday I experienced this issue as well when the cable internet was down but my power was on, and similarly I noted that the iPhone did not exhibit this behavior. Thanks for posting.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.