IPad 7th generation remote can not see sMS-200 endpoint

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Enterprise Ltsc vr 1809. CPU i7 - 10700, 16 GB RAM, 478 GB Storage free.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Frontier 4752 - 5G.
LAN to switch Datalink.
PC and SOtM endpoint connected to switch.

Connected Audio Devices

SOtM sMS-200.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

After upgrade this morning to 1.8 build 831, the SOtM endpoint device does not appear as an option in audio zone. Only my Oppo player and the iPad can be selected.

All the firewall options are disabled and the SOtM and the Oppo do appear as allowed devices under media streaming options in the windows network and sharing center.

I have reinstalled Roon remote and core from scratch. I have deactivated and activated the SOtM endpoint. I also shut down all the related equipment including the router and left things without power for over 15 minutes.

I need help please. Thanks JCB

First of all, the SOtM doesn’t show up in Roon unless it has aquired a connection with an output device, that’s the USB connection to the DAC which you do not mention.
Go into Eunhasu.local and check in Roon settings that the DAC has been identified?

1 Like

Michael, you hit the nail on the head - that was the problem. For some reason the Marantz HD-DAC1 ID was missing.

Thank you so much. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.