iPad Air Crashes

@support - My iPad Air crashes multiple times in a session, typically after a search or switching to a different artist or album. I’m on the latest build of everything - iPad v1.8.00880, ROCK v 1.0 build 227; Roon Server v1.8 build 884.

Hi @Daniel_Reese ,

I have split your post to the #support section, please be aware that you need to post to this section for us to see your thread, flagging @support can result in slower responses from us.

Is the behavior the same if you try to uninstall and re-install the Roon app from the Apple App store?

2 posts were split to a new topic: iPad crash issue

#support.

Yes, it still crashes. I am using an older iPad Air, but iOS is up to date. Does your software work with some iPads but not others?

Hi @Daniel_Reese ,

Thanks for confirming that the issue is still current. Can you please let me know the exact local time + date of the next crash? I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account.

I have not been able to spend much time lately with music, but I will try to get something to you asap. Do you enable diagnostics now, or after I contact you?

Some background: My iPad Air (model MF016LL/A) is first generation and it’s running the most recent iOS version available for that hardware - iOS 12.5.5. It is running Roon 1.8 (build 880). It is talking to a Roon Optimized Core Kit 1.8 (build 884) over a Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Router, model R9000 (used only for wifi access). All of this sits behind a business-grade firewall.

The wifi has been in place for a couple years and we have had no problems with it. It currently benchmarks (using Ookla Speedtest) at over 400Mbps on older equipment and over 700 Mbps on newer equipment. (Our Internet connection is rated at 600 Mbps). The iPad Air, however, is limilted to about 100 Mbps. Other than the WiFi connection to the iPad, everything in my audio setup is hard-wired.

ROCK is running on a NUC that was constructed using the exact components and links listed on your website for an i7 NUC (NUC10i7FNH1). Music is stored on a USB-C drive connected directly to a rear port on the NUC. The USB drive is a WD MyPassport External 2TB USB-C drive (model WDBAGF0020BGY-WESN) if that matters.

Please let me know if you need something else, and I will let you know the next time it crashes.

Roon crashed on my iPad Air 3 times last night (Jan 28, 2022). The program just disappears from the iPad and I have to restart it again.

The circumstances were a bit different this time. Previously, the crashes occurred while I was scrolling songs and artists in my library and jumping around to different songs. This time the crashes occurred while I was just connected to Qobuz from Roon and listening to full albums while the iPad was just sitting on a table.

I have the exact time for one of the instances - 7:24pm (Central Standard Time in the US).

I have a time range for another. I started to play Abbey Road. I started the album at about 6:13pm and noticed the crash at 6:19pm.

The third instance behaved like the other two, but I was not paying close attention and can’t give you an accurate time window.

Hi @Daniel_Reese ,

Thanks again for sending those previous timestamps! We have just released a new build of Roon today, can you please confirm if you’re still having the same issue?

We have an active investigation in this area, and if you are seeing it on the new release too, I would like to add your case to the ticket. Please let me know a few timestamps of any new crashes you may experience, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.