iPad and iPhone cannot find roon core after core wakes up from inactivity

Issue is described as topic says. My iOS devices (remotes) cannot find the core after core machin wakes up from sleep or inactivity (monitor turns off). The issue is resolved only when I restart the core machine and start roon server. I’m able to locally access the core from the machine itself. The core is a windows machine (main home pc) that i’m using til I can install it in a dedicated machine.

I’ve moved this to the support area, where it will be seen by the support team; to help support would you please fill in this support template with your system details.

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon Core Machine

Device name DESKTOP-LBDD8CD
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Device ID *****
Product ID *****
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎12/‎2/‎2021
OS build 19045.2251
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Roon core is upstairs in my bedroom and connects to network via WIFI

Router: Asus AX-11000
Roon endpoint is a Macbook Air M1 with roon bridge installed and connected to a Denafrips Pontus II DAC

Connected Audio Devices

Denafrips Pontus II

Number of Tracks in Library

1. Mostly use it with streaming

Description of Issue

My iOS devices (remotes) cannot find the core after core machin wakes up from sleep or inactivity (monitor turns off). The issue is resolved only when I restart the core machine and start roon server. I’m able to locally access the core from the machine itself. The core is a windows machine (main home pc) that i’m using til I can install it in a dedicated machine.

Hey @Christopher_Kim1,

Thanks for your patience while we continue to work through each thread. I wanted to follow up to see if you were still running into connectivity issues?

I would first suggest hardwiring your core directly to your router if at all possible. This would be a good first thing to test.

Following up with that, I would take a look at your windows core system sleep settings on permissions you may be able to set for Roon to continue to stay connected to your network.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.