iPad and iPhone not working as Endpoints

Core Machine
Late 2011 Mac Book Pro i5 8gb RAM macOS High Sierra

Network Details

(UK based) (1) Virgin Media Hub 3.0 > TpLink AV500 power line extender > Ethernet cable to Core Machine.
(2) as (1) above and 20 metre Cat6 Ethernet from Virgin Media Hub 3.0 to Wavlink WL-WN531G3 and then iPad Pro and iPhone 12 connected by WiFi to wavlink.

Audio Devices
(3) Roon core via usb to RME ADI-2 DAC
(4) iPad Pro (as end point) airplay to B&W A5
(5) Roon core streaming to Sonos Beam controlled by ipad and iphone.

Library Size

1400 Albums - 16800 Tracks

Description of Issue

In network (1) above when the ipad + iphone is connected to the Virgin Media Hub by wifi it works perfectly. The IPad and iphone can be used as audio zones.

In scenario (2) the ipad and iphone connect to the roon core and can control music being played on audio zones (i.e. DAC and Sonos beam) but can’t be used as audio zones themselves

How do I enable the ipad and iphone to be used as audio zones in scenario (2) above? Both Iphone and Ipad are on ios14.5.1

Not quite sure if this helps but maybe your ios roon remotes are set to be private zones?

Thanks for the suggestion but made sure they were off as I saw that was an issue someone else had.

Sorry - should they be on or off. Confused having read the guidance again

Apologies for the delay, @Manoydo! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Are you still seeing issues here?

Are you using the device you’re trying to play to as the remote, or are you trying to play to them from a different remote device?

Hey @Manoydo,

I wanted to check and see if we can help with this or anything else? :nerd_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 45 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.