iPad app in portrait (for all models) [Done in Roon 1.8]

“On the roadmap” means that there’s hope?

Ipad Pro 10 here… really unhappy without the portrait.

When I use the iPhone there is a portrait mode!, why is it not possible to use Roon in portrait mode?

It is very annoying when changing between Roon and other apps always to turn the iPad. Because I prefer to use my iPad in portrait mode. Only when I move to Roon for example to change a track or to change volume I have to turn the iPad, that is not very user friendly.

It seems that there is a solution on iPad Pro 12,9 but unfortunately not on other iPad models.

See here as well …

9 Likes

Android, too.

Second this request.

I know that the vertical portrait mode works with Roon on the iPad Pro, specifically on the largest 12.9" iPad Pro.

Can tech support please confirm whether the vertical portrait mode works with Roon on the 11" iPad Pro? I’ve read through the threads and don’t see any recent information on that specific question.

I’m considering the purchase of an 11" iPad Pro, but the key determining factor is whether Roon will work in the vertical portrait mode on that specific model.

Many thanks in advance to Roon tech support for your response.

It doesn’t work on a gen 6, 9.4” ipad (A1893)

Many thanks. I know it doesn’t work on models other than the iPad Pro.

I’m hoping that tech support can confirm, one way or the other, whether portrait mode works on both iPad Pros – 11" and 12.9" – or only on 12.9. The last posts on this are fairly old.

I’m not asking if it may or may not get fixed in the future. I’m only asking for confirmation on current status.

Can’t someone from Roon respond?

Roon is very very quiet… I hope they are this unresponsive, because they are working very hard on a release that will make all our dream come true.

I personally never understood why there is no Portrait mode on normal iPads - iPhones are so much smaller and have it. I would much prefer that, again something that all music apps I know do and for some very mysterious reason is absent from Roon.

Seriously, I am not asking for a comment about future plans.

I just want to know what works as of now – if portrait works on all iPad Pros, as has been reported, or only on the 12.9" model, as has also been reported. The reports are inconsistent and not clear – and they are also many months old and prior to the last release by Roon, so I don’t know what that covered.

There is simply no excuse for a complete lack of a response to a very simple question.

Geez, how about an 8 word response. “Portrait does work on the 11” iPad Pro" or “Portrait doesn’t work on the 11” iPad Pro."

Given the apparent inability of the Roon staff to type an 8 word response, hopefully someone who owns an 11" iPad Pro can test it and provide a response.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated!

I began with a very simple question. Roon tech support never responded. Other users were kind enough to respond based on their own experience with standard iPads, and I appreciate their assistance. But their responses did not address my simple question that was directed to Roon tech support.

It should also be noted that Roon does not have any other means to communicate for tech support, and Roon asks us to rely on this forum. Well, that implies, and indeed requires, that Roon respond to simple questions, especially when information supplied in the forum is inconsistent and not clear.

I plan on purchasing an iPad Pro, and prefer the smaller 11" model, if it also works in the vertical orientation for Roon. A pretty simple question and reasonable concern.

Is the management of Roon so defensive on this point that they can’t respond to a simple question? I can always post in the support section, but what do you want to bet that the extremely zealous Roon moderators will dump the question back here – and still not respond?

Again, I’m only asking what works today. I’m not asking about any future plans.

Roon, if all tech support must be done in the forum, then please provide it.

The short answer is ‘No, it does not’. I own one.

As for why – I’ve put it down once for the 10,5” iPad (Pro, by then), but the same applies to the 11” iPad:

Thanks very much for your response. It is greatly appreciated. Just wanted to know, one way or the other, since early statements that vertical is supported on the iPad Pro were posted prior to the release of the 11" version. I therefore wanted to clarify, and you have now done so.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

I asked the same question nearly a year ago - so I agree with you!

An answer given to me: it works if you use an iPad Pro …

Not the answer I was looking for.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon!

Current iPad Pro 11”? No, there’s no portrait mode. Just tried.

I just playing with the new iPadOS 13 multitasking.
It would be great to use the room app with split view and slide over parallel to other apps on the iPad.

3 Likes

Also looking forward to portrait mode on my iPad. Annoying to have to turn the ipad when switching between reading and changing albums in Roon.

1 Like

Please add split view and slide over at the iPad, too!

2 Likes

That you can do now with the “web controller” extension

1 Like

Um…what? Please explain? Thx.

This should get you started