iPad app loses history

With the new release, my iPad loses the browsing history after sleep or app reload.

I had the same problem a couple of times. Blank. But all history entries came back after I switched out of the history page, played some music, and back into history again. Odd.

I have the same issue. History came back only after forcing a shutdown of the iPad app and restart.
In addition, When I select tracks from my history on the iPad (Pro) to play next, skipping to that next track causes the core to crash. That happens randomly, I found no relation to the track I am choosing to play. The reopen button on the Mac dialog after an app crash does not restart Roon core. Starting Roon core manually works.

I am using Roon core 1.3 (204) on a MacMini (late 2012), i7, 16 Gb with El Capitan 10.11.6

I’ve seen this in the iPad app.
Let’s drop a flag for @support. They may want to check out logs.
Can anyone provoke it reliably ?

Not reliably. I have a zip of three crash logs today. I will upload them to @support.

Is this happening on all core OS’s or just one type e.g., Mac, Windows, Linux?

Russ

Windows 10 Core here

Linux Core for me

Windows 10 core for me

Linux core for me, iPad / iPhone app. Sometimes it loads fine, sometimes repeated opening and closing won’t reliably bring it back.

All — Thank you for the reports and sharing your feedback with us. I have sent out log requests to you so we can try and determine what may be causing this behavior to occur. We appreciate your patience while we look into this issue.

-Eric

Just to add my voice here and say that I can repro this 100%.

Anytime I go to History it is blank. Doesn’t matter how long I wait - nothing happens.

I then simply shut down the app and restart it. It remembers that I was on the History page and it loads it 100% successfully (and fast).

So I can work around it, but it’s a PITA.

1 Like

Gi @madfloyd ---- Thank you for chiming in and sharing your feedback with us. I have sent you a PM requesting logs and instructions on how to upload them to our servers.

-Eric

I have this same problem on my iPad. Core is on Linux.

Also on Mac OS. Restarting the app gets it to display again.