iPad app requests

Overall the ipad app is really great! I do have a few remarks though :smile:

• reconnecting screen . For me everytime I open the app Iā€™m greeted with the message ā€œLost connection trying to reconnectā€ this is only displayed for a second or two yet it becomes anoying . How about just having a ā€œloadingā€ icon

• ipad not able to be used for music playback. Would love to be able to plug in headphones.

• ipad screen not synchronised with Roon core screen. I expected to be able to pick up the ipad and continue with what I was doing on my mac

• when I scroll through artists sometimes the pictures are not loaded yet and a red rectacle is shown. Also this is only for a second or so

Oh and ā€œone more thingā€; whereā€™s the ios section of this forum ??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi Stevev1,

My 2c worth:

• reconnecting ocurs because iOS aggressively puts apps to sleep to
    preserve battery life. I prefer ā€œlost connectionā€ as an error message
    to ā€œloadingā€ because itā€™s more descriptive of whatā€™s happening;
  • ipad zones are coming with RoonSpeakers. Roll on gardening with
    Bluetooth headphones !;
  • Remotes are independently usable with different profiles etc. and can
    play into different zones, so enforced synching to the core seems
    undesirable. It might work well as an option though;
  • havenā€™t seen this myself. Iā€™m sort of cheek by jowl to my router
    though, how far from your iPad to the router when this happens ?
  • an iOS section is a good idea. Iā€™d say it was a necessity to maintain
    equal rites, but the Android peeps do seem to have more problems than
    iOS so understandable ā€¦

Cheers,

Andybob.

Indeed I want to take my iPhone outside and listen to all my music. And the cappebillity to set the bitrate! Thatā€™s the most imported thing. If my account almost stops and this isnā€™t realized
I will quit using Roon. Safely but I hate it to use multiple apps fore my music and have and have to make different librariesā€¦

I donā€™t care if the fault is an apple aprovement ore what else. Roon is a super app and the only reason should be that apple is afraid of it.