iPad client loses connection on one iPad works fine on 2nd

I’ve used Roon with no problems for about 1 year since I became a subscriber. I listen exclusively to Qobuz through Roon. Since updating to Roon 2 (build 1128) and its iOS clients (deleted and reinstalled a few times) I’ve been having a problem with my iPad mini 6 (running iPad 15.6.1) which I use exclusively with Roon. After some time, maybe 10 minutes sometimes 40, the iPad stops playing and a message says it’s “waiting for the Core” with the spinner but doesn’t reconnect for some time and sometimes even crashes or shows the Manage Devices but no devices found. My core (running on an iMac Pro and OS 12.6) is ethernet connected to my router and I’m sitting about 3 metres from the core with a strong 73mp/s connection. I’ve tried rebooting the iMac Pro several times but with no change in behaviour. I’ve quite the Roon client and relaunched but it still can’t find the Core though eventually (15 mins?) it willl. What’s really confusing is if when the iPad Mini shows this message I then immediately launch Roon on my iPad Pro (iPad OS 15.6.1) sitting right next to the mini it has no problem connecting and plays fine. But then after the same sort of use time intervals as above the same “waiting on the core” message will show up on the Pro and if I switch back to the mini it plays fine. This happens every time I listen and I’m not doing anything with the app except listening. Help?

@Eric_Perlberg, I moved your post to the Support category. Can you please fill out the information below, this may be a network issue or something else that that community and Roon can evaluate after we have some additional information:

Describe The Issue
When you start a thread in the #support category, make sure to include:

• What’s not working
  • How often the issue occurs

This could be “every time I start the app”, or “every time I click a certain button”, etc.
If you’re having a crash or an issue that happens sporadically, it’s helpful if you can let us know an approximate time for when it last happened.

Describe Your Setup
It’s important that you include all relevant setup information so our team can get a clear understanding of the issue.

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Including these details in your first post helps us resolve your issues faster.

1 Like

Hey @Eric_Perlberg,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

This sounds like it could be a networking issue. Per @Robert_F’s note, please fill out more details about your system setup as well as your networking setup.

As a first test, I would give both your router and core a hard reboot and see if your issue persists :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.