Here you will find the info about my problem with my bluetooth connection to my hearing aids.
Describe Your Setup
• what version of Roon you are running (Settings > About; If you’re running Windows, please let us know whether you’re running 32bit or 64 bit)
Roon version 1.4 build 298
• What operating system you are running (Windows 7; OSX 10.9; etc)
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2
• Basic information about the device you’re using (MacBook Pro 2011 w 4gb of RAM; HP Envy laptop w i7; etc).
Mac mini (late 2012), 2.3 GHz i7 16GB, 256 SSD
• Describe where your music is stored – this includes hard drive description and interface type (USB, Firewire, etc. If you are using a NAS or any other kind of network storage, be sure to include the information requested in the Network section below)
QNAP TS451 with 4x 3TB version 4.2.3
• Let us know your collection size (approximate number of tracks)
Describe The Issue
I have a set of Oticon Opn (BTE13 PP) hearing aids that are “Made for iPad (MFI)”. They are connected to my iPad 2017 through the iPad Bluetooth. They can not be connected through bluetooth from other manufacturers. You have to connect them through Settings – General – Accessability – Mfi-hearing aids.
Than they should stream the sound from Roon when I choose the zone that is my iPad.
Streaming just Spotify this way is no problem.
Also streaming to my hearing aids with an additional bluetooth-receiver is no problem.
As I understand Apple is using a specific kind of bluetooth that makes this direct connection possible. Just with this specific kind of bluetooth I have problems.
Describe Your Network
• What router are you using? When did you last update the firmware?
Apple Airport Extreme, last updated 31-01-18.
Mac mini – wifi – Airport Express (1) – wired – Airport Extreme
QNAP TS451 – wired – Airport Extreme
iPad – wifi – Airport Extreme
and many more connections.
Describe Your Output
(if the issue involves playback via a specific output)
Lastly, if your issue is related to a specific output (meaning it only happens with Airplay, or with your DAC, or when linked, etc), let us know:
• What output are you using? (this could be System Output on Windows, a Meridian MS200, your DAC, etc)
Output Connected to this Tablet: iPad-Pieter
• What brand and model are you using (this could be the model of your DAC, or laptop, or something like Airport Express Gen2)
• How is the output configured (the easiest way is to post a screenshot like below, but you can also tell us whether you’re using Exclusive Mode, how you have DSD conversion set up, etc)
• Are you using anything else in your chain (such as DIRAC, Amarra sQ, etc): No
• Does this issue happen with different kinds of media (Tidal, FLAC, DSD, etc): Yes
Screenshots of all audio settings (accessible from the small gear on the Audio tab of Settings) and Signal Path during playback: see attached.