iPad keeps disappearing

“Screenlock” is triggered but the music stream is not interrupted in many cases. I do seem to get quite a few examples where the music does stop - it seems (and I emphasise seems) that on these occasions it is always at the end of a track ie there is a queue and it plays a track and then halts. I click on play and it starts at the next track and usually keeps playing through the queue.

As mentioned, it is quite unstable and may be to do with the network but the software should be able to take it in it’s stride. If I play direct from Qobuz app on the same iPad I dont experience any similar “breaks” in playing.

Hi @Mark_McLaughlan,

Just to verify here, you’re receiving stops in playback when you are not hitting pause? If you don’t put the device to sleep so it’s on the lockscreen does this same behavior occur?

Yes. Sometimes. Intermittent and infrequent though.

And as per before, with the original issue the music keeps playing despite the lock screen being on. It just disappears from Core and it’s possible this coincides with the lock screen but I have no evidence of this and it would be very hard to prove in my current setup…

Hi @Mark_McLaughlan,

I spoke with the team about your report. Generally, when an iOS device is locked and the app is not in use (i.e. playback is paused from another remote), the Zone disappears because iOS is pretty aggressive about shutting down unused applications. In these cases, there isn’t much we can do to change iOS’ behavior.

With that in mind, playback should not stop on it’s own as you’ve mentioned it does. It should continue to work until playback is ended manually. The next time the music stops on it’s own can you respond here with the timestamp of when this happens? The team can enable diagnostics and take a look at why the playback stop occurred.

Thanks!

Remember that my problem was that the music kept playing but that the iPad dropped off the Core zones list. This does not square with your guys reasoning.

The separate issue of music stopping randomly at the end of a track despite there being a queue - I will do as you ask.

It does seem to be behaving itself since we renewed the subscription - go figure…

Hi @Mark_McLaughlan,

That part was referring to your findings above:

In that case, the device disappearing from the list isn’t unexpected as iOS will stop apps that are not in use when locked. Definitely reach out with the timestamp the next time this occurs when this isn’t the case (it disappears during playback or there is a playback stop that wasn’t manually done) and we will be sure to take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.