iPad keeps losing connection to Nucleus

I have a new Roon Nucleus and using my iPad as the remote.
It plays perfectly except it drops signal between the iPad and Roon sporadically.

The note on my iPad says connection lost, check to make sure Roon Nucleus is connected. Usually with in 45-60 seconds it reconnects. Music continues to play even though connection lost. The Roon is hardwired to my router. There is no issue with my internet.

Hi @Robert_Thompson,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out, I have a few follow-up questions:

1. What is the make/model of your router? Sometimes routers need special settings applied and I can check to see if yours is part of the list.

2. How often would you say this issue happens? Once an hour? Once a day?

3. Does this issue happen when you are using the app or are you exiting the app and re-launching it when it occurs?

Lynksys EA6350

The issue happens about once an hour while playing music.

The app will reconnect itself to my iPad within 45 seconds.

This means that your iPad temporarily lost it’s WiFi connection. There are several reasons why this might happen:

• When the iPad is changing bands (from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz and vice versa).
  • When the iPad is switching to a different Access Point (only if you have more than one).
  • If your AP is configured to auto-choose channels with least noise, then every time a new channel got selected, the connected devices are deauthenticated from the AP and reconnect again.

Depending on your description and Linksys documentation the third point is most likely what bugs you here. It’s best to choose fixed settings for Channel width and Channel.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Thompson,

This could be due to a networking issue as @Blackjack has noted. Do you by any chance have multiple access points and perhaps the iPad is switching between them? Have you tried reinstalling the Roon App on your iPad yet? It may help with this behavior.

Only one access point but I may try reloading the Roon app. Thanks.

1 Like