iPad Not Listed in Audio Zones

Thanks, @Jason. Enabling diagnostics now so I can add the data to the report.

Hi @nuwriy @beka,

Following up on this old issues from a year ago. I’m still having trouble keeping iPad and iPhone in the zones list. All previous issues noted in this topic still valid. Roon is latest at 1.8.

Please help. The iPhone drops itself from the zone list every time I try to reconnect. As we are all working from home I am using the iPhone as an end point more than usual to keep from disturbing the rest of my working household. The constant disconnects has made using Roon with the iPhone a truly horrible experience.

Please please please help.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @Jason, sorry for the continued trouble here. Nuwriy is no longer with Roon, but I’m happy to help!

I took a look at the old notes from QA — Their last piece of advice was to do a complete reinstall of the app after an update at the time as there were improvements included that the team was hopeful would fix things. I’m not sure if you’ve reinstalled since then, but here’s what I’m hoping we can do:

1. Reinstall the app
  2. The next time you experience this issue make a note of the time it happens and the track that was playing

I’ll enable diagnostics and take a look at what’s happening on the latest version of the app and we can go from there.

1 Like

Hi @dylan ,
Thanks so much for looking into this. I have reloaded the app as instructed and was still able to reproduce the following errors with time stamps. Not how I listen to music but, this clearly demonstrates a reproducible error.

Pause: Zion I King, Dawg Eat Dawg, Tidal
6:25 start Roon, iPhone not in audio zones list
6:27 FORCE-QUIT, to get music to play again

Pause: Miles Davis, So What, Local library
6:31 start Roon, iPhone not in audio zones list
6:32 FORCE-QUIT, to get music to play again

Pause: Miles Davis, Blue in Green, Local library
6:37 start Roon, iPhone not in audio zones list
6:38 FORCE-QUIT, to get music to play again

Pause: Alfa Mist, Keep On, Tidal
6:45 start up Roon, iPhone not in audio zones list
6:46 FORCE-QUIT, to get music to play again

Pause: Brad Mehldau, Since I Feel For You, Local library
6:50 start Roon, iPhone not in audio zones list
6:51 FORCE-QUIT, to get music to play again

Pause: John Lee Hooker, Shake It Baby, Tidal
7:03 start Roon, iPhone not in audio zones list
7:04 FORCE-QUIT, to get music to play again!!!

I hope this sufficiently demonstrates the repeatable annoyance!

Thanks again,
Jason

Thanks, @Jason. Diagnostics have been enabled and we will look into this once the report comes through. I’ll follow up soon!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.