iPad not working as a remote

I have been sailing along splendidly with roon /tidal using my iMac as a core and my Ps Audio DDS and sonic orbitor as endpoints; as well as using my iPhone 6 and my new iPad as remotes.
Until recently.
Suddenly the iPad quit functioning as a remote. I tried several techniques recommended by the support group including turning off the firewall, power cycling the iMac ((this worked previously with my iPhone) and checking the Wi-Fi connection of the iPad
can someone please help me re-activate the iPad as a remote device in the system ?

If you mean that your iPad can’t find the Roon core, then I had the exact same problem last night. I restarted the Mini and the Roon app on my iPad. That worked. Also, try cold booting your iPad.

This seems to happen ever so often and I think it’s linked to leaving the Roon core up for an extended (days) period of time. Maybe a memory leak?

Slim, thanks for your prompt and helpful response. Exactly what is “cold booting” my iPad mean?

Periodically, I close down all my apps on the iPad and then hold down both top and bottom buttons until I see the Apple icon and the iPad reboots. I don’t know how much it really does, but I do it anyway.

Hi @warren_kice — We have seen the following yield positive results for some of our other users who have reported similar behavior. Please see below.

TEST #1:

1. Shut down your Core.
  2. Open Roon on your Remote.
    Tip: If you are using a phone, make sure you keep it awake
  3. Roon should be on the “Searching For Core” screen.
  4. Start up the Core.

TEST #2:

1. Start up your Core.
  2. Open Roon on your Remote.
    Tip: If you are using a phone, make sure you keep it awake
  3. Kill the Roon app.
    Tip: If you are using Android please go to Settings > Apps > Roon > Force Stop
  4. Restart Roon on on your Remote.

Let us know how it goes!
-Eric

As @jobseeker does.