iPad Pro losing connection to ROON Core

Hi @DJD,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Since it is a random thing, I can’t reproduce it, but when it occurs again I will note the time and let you know.

Thanks for your help

@dylan - so - just lost connection on the iPad. 7:48pm EST in the USA. Looked at the iPhone and it was fine. Mind you, music continues to play, I was googling things online and then went back to Roon and lost the connection. Just shut the iPad down and restarted and it is back.

Thanks for giving the timestamp here, @DJD.

When this happens is it always upon returning to the Roon app? Never when it’s in use?

If you force close the Roon app and then reopen it does it start working for you instead of doing a complete reboot?

Sometimes it happens when I am cruising around within ROON. Say, going from the artist page to artist bio then back to albums - then it will lose connection with the core (although as stated above the music is still playing).

I tried ‘force’ closing yesterday but it lost connection after that. Although - can explain how to ‘force close’. Yesterday i went to the home page (desktop or what ever you call it) with all the apps and tied and eventually swiped the icon to the side of the page - is that how you force close?

Thanks

Hi @DJD,

This article has some good instructions for doing this on various versions of iOS.

So just happened again - about 5:05 EST (USA). I force quit the app then restarted.

Thanks for the updated timestamp, @DJD.

Thanks! Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

A post was split to a new topic: Remotes are losing connection to Core machine

So ‘Lost Connection’ to the core just happened again at 7:26pm EST in the USA on the iPad. Connection on my iphone was fine. I forced the app to close 5 or 6 days ago.

Dan

@dylan - What did you learn from the logs?

Hi @DJD,

I checked with the team on this and confirmed this is something they’re still investigating and trying to reproduce in-house. I’ll be sure to update you when I have more information from the team.

How’s the investigation going?

@dylan
This just froze again - after doing it over the weekend and force quitting the program. I’ve seen multiple people having the same issue - have you not been able to solve this for anyone?

@dylan

Just happened again.

@dylan I would very much like a reply aswell

Hi @DJD and @Anthro,

We have an investigation open and our team is currently looking into this. I’ll be sure to update you here when we have more information

@dylan I recognize everyone’s system is different, but can you describe the solutions that allowed others with the same iPad problem to get beyond it?
@Anthro

Thanks

Dan

Force close the app, but it’s annoying.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.