iPad Roon losing control bar when flipping between apps

@support
Occasionally when I have been viewing the “now playing” screen, then flip to another app on my iPad and later return to Roon (by swiping along the very bottom of the screen to switch apps), Roon fails to load the control bar. There is no back/pause/forward, no button to select volume, etc. I have to kill the app on the iPad and relaunch to get it back.

Screenshot:

Roon 1.6 / ROCK on NUC / iPad Pro 11.5 inch / IOS 12.1.1 / Qobuz

Hi @anonymouse,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I’d also like to enable some diagnostics on your account so the technical team can take a closer look. The next time that this behavior occurs can you note the time you see it and reply here with the timestamp (and your timezone)? With this info, I can enable diagnostics and pass the report along to the team.

Config is as stated above: Roon 1.6 / ROCK on NUC / iPad Pro 11.5 inch / IOS 12.1.1 / Qobuz
Wired ethernet, all players and NUC on same subnet. Ubiquiti Edgerouter, Unifi Switch, cable internet 350Mb/s. iPad connected over Unifi wifi. All very reliable. Frankly I doubt the performance of any of the components would cause the bug described above; it looks more like a local issue in how the iPad app handles switching between apps. However I will let you know a timestamp next time it happens.