iPad sees library but not metadata or playlists

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS 11.1 / IMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) / Roon version 1.7 (build 710) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Modem/Router FRITZ!Box 7583, all on WIFI

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chord Mojo (USB), Airport Express (TOSlink), iPad Pro 10.5, Iphone 12pro

Description Of Issue

Problem occurs only on my iPad Pro 10.5, iPhone and iMac work perfect.
iPad does see my Roon Server and Library, and can play all the music, but any meta-data changes made on Roon server don’t show up on iPad and vice versa.
The same goes for playlists, even if playlists are shared.
Audio devices are recognized, but it doesn’t show the music that’s playing on these devices.

What I’ve tried so far:

Deleted the Roon app on the iPad
Made new profile on server.
deleted the old profile, so only 1 profile was left.
Rebooted the iPad.
Installed the Roon app again and choose the new profile.

This had no effect. The playlist on the iPad, was the playlist of the old profile.
Any changes I do on the server to the profile (like changing the photo) is reflected on the iPad profile. But as mentioned before, any changes on meta data, or even new (shared) playlists don’t show up on the iPad.

Any idea how to solve this issue?
(could be I’m doing something wrong, but I’d love to hear what that is)

Have you tried to reboot the Roon server itself?

Yes, I’ve rebooted several times, but no effect.

Hi @HenkD,

Can you please check to see if the iPad is connected to the same Core as the rest of your remotes?

It sounds almost like you have accidentally set up a second Core, I would make sure the Core in Roon Settings -> General match up with the actual Core name.

Hi Noris,

while checking to which cores my remotes were connected, I found the problem.
On my iMac I had both a Roon Server and a Roon client.
The iPad was connected to the Roon Server and the other remotes to the Roon client.
After stopping the Roon Server and reconnecting the iPad to the Roon client/server on my iMac, things are ok now.

Thanks very much for your help.

1 Like

Hi @HenkD,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to locate and resolve the issue!
Hope you enjoy the music and Happy Holidays :fireworks:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.