iPad version unstable

Hello Mike

I was also on Catalina and Roon became highly unstable. images gone, crashing a lot etc. I went back too Mojave because i use Roon very much. The OSpad version is still unstable and crashes still on firmware 13.2. Now i read you compensate the members who get infected and i find this a very nice gesture from your part.

No problem from my side on iPadOS 13.2. It runs very well

Yes ipadOS was the right name. Never the less after i put up a new song and switch my ipad off and later ON again the Roon app gives a dark screen. Only when i turn back to the mainscreen everything is fine again. Also i have too close down the Roon app to let it work again

Hi @Leon_van_der_Koelen,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Besides the iPad are other remote devices working okay?

Hello dylan

Besides my ipad i use a iphone and have my Core running on a intel Nuc i8. I play music trough my imac and i have an Auralic streamer wich is linked by USB to a mytek dac. This all is in a wired surrounding. I use cloudflare dns as default.

Thanks for the info, @Leon_van_der_Koelen.

Are the Mac and iPhone working okay as remote devices?

I have no problem with my iphone and i hope with the latest update you brought online a few hours ago that the problem is solved also. Did you read why i started this topic and what i had to do to run things smoothly again. Anyway thx for helping me and i try to reinstall the ipadOS version and see what happens after.

Hi @Leon_van_der_Koelen,

The change that we released was for those who had issues running a Roon Core on their Mac on Catalina. Remotes shouldn’t have the same issues (and in your case the Mac was only a remote since the NUC was the Core machine), which is why I asked for clarification on the behavior you’re experiencing.

Definitely give the iPad a reinstall and let us know if you’re still seeing this crashing issue occur after that.

Hello Dylan

I did a reinstall of the ipadOS version and everything seems to be fine now.

Thx in advance

Greetings Leon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.