iPadOS loading issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini / late 2014 / High Sierra 10.13.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi AirPort Extreme

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

1. Roon Bridge / Allo DigiOne / SPIDIF to Dac
  2. ChromeCast

Description Of Issue

Using iPad for remote and noticed some loading issues lately.

1. The entire row “New Releases for You” did not show up.

2. History did not load when I selected it.

3. Force quit of the app and restarting it fixes this.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.
Regards,
Jay

Hello @Jason, thanks for your report! I’ve seen this issue in the past and would love to get a diagnostic report over to our QA team so we can track down this issue. If you could please reproduce this issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp (in your local time) and the model iPad you’re using I’ll enable diagnostics for the iPad and the core and get those reports over to the team.Thanks!

1 Like

A couple of points…airport networking is not perhaps the most efficient setup and WiFi certainly for a core machine is not recommended either

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Networking_Best_Practices

1 Like

Thanks Oz,
Yes I know of the best practice regarding Apple Airport. But it’s what I got to work with.

Thanks @nuwriy,
I’ll be sure to forward any new information. As of now I have been unable to replicate the behaviour I noted earlier.

Hi @nuwriy,

I have got some further information, the “Recommended For You” doesn’t load correctly as described in the original post. Although “History” is loading properly.

Hardware:
iPad Air 3

Time stamp for Toronto Canada, EDT:
16 June / 10:47pm
17 June / 10:37pm

Thanks for looking into this.
Regards,
Jay

Hello @Jason,

Thanks for confirming that! Now that history is showing up for you, can you reproduce the “New Releases for You” issue on a different remote?

Hi @nuwriy,
Okay, more info for your team. I had the same bug as originally described with another remote.

All with the same time stamp today, 19th June at 2:47pm EDT-Toronto Canada.

Windows10:
“New Releases For You”, did not load
“History”, did not load

iPad Air 3:
“New Releases For You”, did not load
“History”, Loaded correctly

Thanks again for looking at this.
Jay

Hi @nuwriy,
Just happened again!

Time stamp:
19th June at 5:17pm EDT-Toronto Canada.
19th June at 5:28pm EDT

iPad Air 3:
“New Releases For You”, Failed to load
“History”, Failed to load

Thanks.

Hey @Jason, thanks for the update!

I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

Hi @nuwriy,
Any news on the cause of this quirkinesses?

It’s happening again, missing “New Releases For You” on my iPad. I have closed the app and reopened, restarted the core, and still doesn’t show up.

Time stamp
6:50 EDT

Thanks,
Jay

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.