iPhone 11 Pro - Roon app display tiny [Resolved in iOS Build 433)

Thanks for the clear and swift reply Mike, and explanation of the “ants mode” :smiley:

I’m very happy with the speed of your response and have faith that the Roon team will turn it round very quickly.

2 Likes

Can’t agree more, every time there is a new Apple release this bug pops up. Happened last time too. Roon get your f$@$)& act together please.

1 Like

Roon does work perfectly with iOS 13 and has done for several beta releases. It’s the iPhone 11 that has a problem, not the OS, something that could not have been predicted by Roon until the device became available.

1 Like

Yep you are right. I even did iOS13.1 until I got my new phone yesterday… but still a website can detect ‘mobile’ whatever the resolution or screen and adjust. It now looks like the safari browser.

Definitely some sort of “auto-detect /adjust” is the way to go.

All apps I use work perfectly on the 11 Pro, including music streaming apps, so theY are all doing something right, that Roon is doing very wrong.
Obviously not good.

I got my iPhone 11 Pro with iOS13 standard installed however it is now almost impossible to control my Roon. See screenshots image image

It’s a new feature called Roon for Ants: iPhone 11 Pro - Roon app display tiny

I for one find it quite discouraging and unacceptable that some folks get so “nasty” about Roon’s issue with the iPhone 11. I always put things in perspective with the following - do you realize how insanely crazy it is that we have what we have with technology in general. The fact that all this stuff even works, not just Roon, ceases to amaze me. Try to keep in perspective the incredible world we live in 2019. It doesn’t do much good to beat the Roon folks up over this. Thanks.

6 Likes

I have the same problem with the same configuration.

Same here. Really guys, how the hell do you still don’t do this dynamically based on resolution? It’s 2019…

2 Likes

Hi,

Just upgraded my iPhone to the iPhone 11, with IOS 13. Love the phone, but the Roon app is really unusable. Everything is extremely small and there is no way to use the app. Cannot get to any settings or options, because there is no way enlarge anything. It was fine on IOS 12 with my iPhone X. Also, OK on my iPad, however the update to the iPad is not out yet.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue, or a know a way to way to fix it?

I appreciate any help or suggestions…

Thanks,

Art

Yes, it has been reported and is being worked on.

Same Issue, Roon App more or less unuseable…

but real cool Iphone 11… :wink:

Thanks, hope it will be updated soon…

Yes. Me too. It’s a desktop version of the app. It seems. Totally unusable

Glad to see you are on it and looking forward to the update. Thanks.

App has not been updated for 4 months. Instead I get emails about all kinds of Unobtainium priced high end luxury audio manufacturers integrating Roon.

That’s where the development time is going. In making sure some $5000 wonder product will support it.

It seems this is an attempt to keep the audiofoolery alive. They know $120/year is chump change for the audiofool mentality. I say this as someone who fell for it before for many years at exorbitant cost.

In the app store world a $120/year subscription better deliver some real value. That’s more than a Hulu subscription for example.

They really are targeting people with the audiofool mentality. Just overpriced, slow or non existant development, customers willing to accept that some things just don’t work in exchange for some reassurance it has pointless over engineered feature that makes it sound better (different) to some other product.

I will grant them they may not have had iphone 11 pro to test. However this release schedule of updating the app twice a year is inexcusable. That is the sort of thing that leads to people not being so understanding when this happens. Because it doesn’t seem like anyone is trying. Well other than to take your money.

2 Likes

Not even. All they had do is learn the model description/designation of how the new phone reports itself and update the program before the phone release to accept it and the resolution it reports.

HINT: Its the same resolution as last year.

HINT: The model designation is found in the beta, on rumor reports, and is generally a number that increments by 1. Every year it’s the same.

So this guy is trying to tell us that the level of expectation to have for $120/year is to wait for them every year to fix the same problem. Which is fixed the same way every year.

Maybe he wants to say for $240/year maybe they will even update the app before the new phone comes out. Because audiofool mentality. What’s $120 - a crap interconnect?

2 Likes

Roon interface does not work properly. Text is small and hard to read. Menu options left above interfere with Default iPhone indicators and can’t be operated/used.

Device: iPhone 11, iOS 13