iPhone 12 Pro & iPhone 8 Crash Immediately when opening the Roon App

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus Build B.
Same problem occurs when I use my Mac Pro as the Core.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet) Network is a Time Capsule and a Netgear Switch.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Sono Wifi.

Description Of Issue
Roon App crashes on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 8MAx both running latest Apple OS.

The App downloads and installs but literally crashes before 1 second when attempting to open it.

This happened both when I used the Nucleus as my Core as well as when I changed my Core to the Mac Pro.

I have rebooted the phones and also rebooted the Roon Nucleus. So far no joy / solutions.

My iPhone 12 Kees crashing every 10 seconds driving me bananas!!!

It’s the only app I have thy crashes. More then 100 apps on my phone.

I’m going to go out on a lim here and say roon needs to polish the app a bit.

Gary, I agree with you. This App has never launched for me and I have tried different iPhones. How does one get Roon’s Customer Support’s attention? I am new to Roon and am feeling a bit discouraged. Thx, Barry

I am running Roon Nucleus B. When I launch the Roon App on my iPhone 12 Pro, it immediately crashes upon launch. It does not even stay open for a full second. I also tried the App on an iPhone 8 same response. Also there are issues with the App on my iPad Pro which is unable to access to Sonos devises when I attempt to control the various zones. The only OS that gives me full access is on my Mac Pro. I look forward to clear steps for solving. Note I re-installed the App and also shut down the devises and re-installed to see if that would help which it unfortunately did not. Thx, B

This happens often on my iphone 11 pro max. Restarting it usually corrects the issue and then it runs stable until unfocused. My ipad is much more stable.

Hi @Barry_Winick,

Can you please try to uninstall the Roon app, reboot the phone and reinstall the Roon app?
Is there any change in behavior if you try to quit all your background iOS apps except for Roon?

Noris, Thank you for your reply and the suggestion for remedy. Unfortunately the remedy did not work. I cleared Roon from the iPhone 12 then I made sure all other apps were closed. I rebooted the phone and then installed Roon again. The App Loaded and then searched for my Room Core, it found the Nautilus and highlighted it for selection. I selected the Core on the App and it immediately crashed. I then tried to relaunch by selecting the Roon App. it Crashes instead of opening. I think someone at I would appreciate your trying the same thing with an iPhone 12 to see if you have the same problem. Also the same thing happens with my wife’s iPhone 8. Perhaps the last iPhone OS 14.2.1 Update is incompatible with Roon. For me this is a potential deal breaker as I like to use not only my iPad but also my iPhone to control music. Incidentally I do not have any other Apps cash on my phone. The Phone has a 512 GB Capacity with 438.85 Available so it is not an issue of space. Model number is MGK03LL/A OS Version is 14.2.1 I am hoping you have a solve. Thank you, Barry

1 Like

Hi @Barry_Winick,

Thank you for the additional details! I believe I see the issue here, it looks like an issue with your account.
I will follow up via private message on steps that should helps resolve the issue!

A post was split to a new topic: App crash - need assistance

I am having the same frequent and easy crashing of the Roon app on my Apple iPhone 12 Pro. My iPad Mini 4 doesn’t crash at all. Please help me as well. Thanks!

BTW, Nick recommended going to my profile on one of my other devises and making sure my profile was correct which in this case meant adding my birthdate. Strange requirement, but it fixed the problem for me.

I hope this solution might work for you too.

Thank you this worked. BW

I’m also a new user and Roon app on my iPhone 11 Pro also crashes continually, even after several reinstallations and adding my birth date as suggested elsewhere.

Per recommendation form Innuos, I switched my Roon core setting from Roon Core plus Squeezlite to Roon Core. Now the app on my iPhone 12 Pro doesn’t crash. Now I am trying to figure out how to play through my USB DAC that I used to be able to play through using Squeezlite and Squeezebox.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.