iPhone 7 Plus Waiting for Remote Core

Something in the wifi and the 7+ aren’t getting along with regards to Roon. What is your iPad?

Have you tried toggling Airtime fairness, Mimo and various forms of beam forming to see if starts behaving better?

iPad Air. Always connects and quickly too.

** Update **

I tweaked some Orbi settings, specifically setting the following:

Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING - Boosts WiFi speed, reliability, & range for all mobile devices
Enable MU-MIMO
Enable Fast Roaming

And the performance is MUCH improved. Roon connects now with no hitches.

1 Like

** Update **

I am still having intermittent issues connecting to the core. This occurs only with my iPhone. @support

Hi @Chris_Kimmelshue ---- Thank you for your continued feedback and more importantly, thank you for your patience here.

Based on the intermittent nature of this behavior my gut feeling is that this issue with the iPhone 7 is still related to your environment, as you mentioned in a previous post that the phone’s IP address could not be pinged from the server and other remotes are not struggling to connect with the core device.

I can certainly enable diagnostics on your account so we can have a “closer look” into what may be causing this behavior with the iPhone remote, but I must be clear that if the logs are showing us a constant state of “disconnecting” and “re-connecting” with that remote device we may have limited options moving forward, but as always we’ll do whatever we can to try and help here.

Moving forward…

• Before enabling diagnostics on your account would you kindly make note of the following time frames…

• Timestamp #1: Note the time of day when the iPhone 7 struggles to connect.

• Timestamp #2: Note the time of day when the iPhone 7 is able to connect to the core successfully.

Once I have a sense as to when the error occurs I will go ahead and enable the mentioned diagnostics on your account as this action will automatically generate/upload a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs directly to our servers the next time the application is launched/stable on both devices.

• In your troubleshooting of this behavior have you confirmed how the iPhone remote behaves under the following conditions:

• Just the router active and the two satellites (temporary) disabled.

• The router and only one of the two satellites active.

• The router and the “other” satellite active (continuation from the previous bullet point).

The reason I ask is because I have seen instances where a satellite can lose sync with the base station and cause issues. Just some food for thought :wink:

-Eric

Thank you @support. I have since upgraded to the iPhone X, but the issue persists. I will try your troubleshooting methods with my network. The issue occurs 95% of the time I open Roon on my iPhone.

I would like to add that my iPhone is the only device (the others being a MacBook Pro 15, Mac Mini, and iPad Air 2) on my network with this issue.