iPhone app is live and looks great

thinks it’s time to move to iphone SE …

Loving the iPhone Ap having had a couple days with it.

I was expecting something much more basic - which I would have been fine with - but this really exceeds expectations!

Feel guilty giving any feedback really, but some notes in case they’re useful:
-would be great to keep phone status bar.
-iPhone 5s the fonts really are a touch small in many places - like track lists, now playing track/album details. I’d be much happier (and it would be much less squinty to use) if they were a bit bigger. I’d prefer truncation over needing a magnifying glass. :wink: On the 6 it’s great, but that is quite a chunky screen (and it’s my wife’s not mine)
-love some of the new design layouts now I’ve had a play. In particular I really like the ‘now playing’, ‘queue’, ‘history’ etc appearing as tabs. Would happily have a version of that on the iPad.
-‘Recent’ menu. I’ve really got into it! I like it! I wish it included ‘recently played’ as well as recently added as that would cover a lot of what I’m going to go for from the iPhone.
-Favourites - please add this button. Very useful.
-I’d prefer removal of the ‘more’ expander in the menu. It’s an extra press for nothing. Unused menu items are better than hidden ones.
-streaming services access for discovery would be nice, but not a problem.

All in all I think it’s fantastic. For a version 1, utterly amazing!

I’ll finish on one tiny note about the 32bit aspect. I really feel for people with older phones who are locked out. My older iPads still harbour a grudge. So many people had requested something so simple for an iphone remote they’d be happy with, I wonder if you might consider a super simple version for older 32bit devices. I mean as basic as a splash screen with pause, play, track skip, now playing, and volume. Something like that just to let people use their devices in a very limited capacity that might be easy for you to do. Just so as not to lock so many people out of this fantastic convenience. I’ve been lucky here as our phones are 64bit but, we’re a community after all. Just a thought.

Thank you, and congrats again.

Big thumbs up from me.
No, it’s not as user friendly as the full remote, but bearing in mind the screen available, its ace.

Massive THANKS!

1 Like