iPhone App keeps crashing every 20-30 seconds

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.7 511

1.0 183

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

iPhone on WiFi
Roon core on Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD M17v2

Description Of Issue

Latest iPhone app keeps crashing. Renders Roon unusable especially if using iPhone as the endpoint.

Please provide a solution.

Have iOS 13.3.1 installed, fresh install of the Roon app and multiple restarts.

Hi @Dip_Parikh,

To clarify, is this a restart of the app or have you tried rebooting the phone completely? Does rebooting help at all if you haven’t tried this yet?

Thanks for the reply. I have restarted the app, the phone itself and the Roon Core.

No luck so far. App runs for about 20 secs and restarts. No issues at all with the app running via the iPad so it is isolated to the iPhone

Hi @Dip_Parikh,

Is there any change in behavior if you reinstall the Roon app on the iPhone?

Roon App on my iPhone SE freezes or quits without warning quite regularly. I got used to it :frowning: Luckily, it has no impact on music playback from core to endpoint, so I don’t care that much. I’m surprised Roon support is surprised, we can’t be the only two users with similar experience.

To complete the report: I tried to delete the app and install again, no change.

Reinstalled multiple times as well. I think this is not an issue isolated to me as you can see below.

Having it crash especially if you are using the iPhone itself as the endpoint is obviously frustrating as the music cuts off as well…

Hi @Dip_Parikh,

Thanks for the additional info, we are also investigating this issue internally as there have been a few reports. I want to separate the exact symptoms for your and @Pavel_Tesar,can you confirm how long the Roon app runs for before this behavior occurs? 30 seconds - a few min or longer?

In my case, it is not so much dependent on time. I use the app just as a control, so I do not even notice if it crashes when I’m not actively using it. But quite often quits in the moment when I wake up the phone and return to the app. Or it freezes and stay irresponsible. Also it quits during operation, quite randomly. Generally I would say, it never survives 30 minutes of work without restart. I became quite used to it, luckily the app launches swiftly and opens on the same screen, so the interuption is not so painful.

Thanks for the additional info @Pavel_Tesar. This sounds a bit different than the reports we’ve had so far, in the other reports the Roon app would crash every 30 seconds after opening.

I wonder if these crashes are logged in your iPhone Roon logs, can you let me know the exact local time + date when this behavior next occurs?

After getting the timestamp I can enable diagnostics for your account and see if there are further clues towards this behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.