iPhone call interrupts playback

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, latest build.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired core, Cisco 3560 out of the box default config, no separate vlans, etc.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon Core on network, plays to HQPe OS machine which connects to DAC via IS2 or USB. Remotes are iPhone and MacBook Pro.

Description Of Issue

When I receive a phone call playback is interrupted during the call and resumes once the call is concluded, which is nice but I don’t want playback to be interrupted. MacBook is setup to allow me to answer calls via wifi per Apple.

Is there anyway to prevent calls from interrupting playback?

I’ve found this old thread, however, I’d still like to be able to make and answer calls from my Mac but prevent it from stopping playback. I don’t recall this ‘problem’ until recently since 1.8.

Hey @Larry_Post,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for sharing a bit more about what way of using Roon would make more sense for you.

A big thank you for your patience while we got a chance to get back to you - I certainly wish it would have been sooner :pleading_face:

Unfortunately, other than the workaround you’ve found, there isn’t much we can do in this scenario. It seems to be an OS limitation, rather than a Roon one.

Sorry I don’t have better news…

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.