iPhone endpoint disappears regularly during playback

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini 2011, MacOS 10.14, RoonServer 1.6 build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus RT-AC88U router. Core connected by ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iPhone 6S Plus iOS 13.1.3 connected via 802.11ac. Sony WH1000XM2 Bluetooth headphones.

Description Of Issue

After around 15 minutes of playback on the iPhone, music stops and iPhone zone is no available in zone picker. Roon on iPhone is open during playback and set to keep the device awake. Closing Roon on the iPhone and relaunching brings the zone back with music paused where it dropped off.

Hi @Astr0b0y,

Is the behavior the same if you try to output to your iPhone’s speakers with no headphones connected?
Have you tried rebooting your Core, Networking Gear and iPhone yet, and if so is the behavior still the same?

I have the same issue. As soon as playback is stopped the iPhone disappears from the available output list in ROON.
Annoys the hell out of me. As soon as I open the iPhone it’s back again.

Ray

Hi @Ray_Beck,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use and iOS version, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Yes, the same behaviour occurs when playing just through the iPhone speakers. Just tested again with 1.7 this morning with the same results. All devices rebooted.

Hi @Astr0b0y,

I noticed that the iOS version your have listed here is a bit out of date, there have been a few improvements to background app playback in iOS releases, can you please confirm if you have the latest installed (13.2.2) and if the issue is still the same?

That’s a typo. Currently on 13.2.3.

Hi @Astr0b0y,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date when this behavior next occurs? I’d like to enable diagnostics and take a look for any additional clues in that direction. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.