iPhone gets hot while using Roon, battery runs empty

Roon Core Machine

Fritzbox router and Fritzbox repeaters.

Connected Audio Devices

Cambridge Audio CNX v2.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

While using Roon via my iPhone the phone gets hot and battery is running empty fast…

Similar to the older threads? Some of them were marked as solved, others were not: Search results for 'iphone hot' - Roon Labs Community

Sorry, perhaps I miss something, but still can not find ‘the hammer on the nail’…?
Is there a solution?

I don’t think there is a solution for all cases, but for some there was. I guess you’d have to eliminated them one by one. If it remains unsolvable, maybe you learn something when trying that can be added to the unresolved cases. It sucks and I hope Roon can fix it

Hey @Jos_Galgenbeld,

Following up on this thread, are you seeing this happen when using Arc, or using your iPhone a normal Roon Remote?

If possible, are you able to share timestamps (date,time) the next time you experience this issue?

Lastly, what does the storage look like on your device, and how large is your library on both your core, as well as your iOS device?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.