iPhone iOS (14.5) Cannot Find Roon Core

I cannot connect to my iPhone using the Roon app for iOS on my iPhone with 14.5 installed. Everything is up to date, server is up to date, all settings are normal, but since Tuesday it will not connect, just says, “Looking for your Roon Core…”

I can connect on other Macs and MacBook Pros, but not the iPhone. Very frustrating. Any help?

Thank you!

I would start by using Fing to verify that your phone and the Roon Core are in the same subnet, sometimes, Wifi puts itself into a different subnet. (aka the first 3 number groups are the same 192.168.1.X). Also, if on the cannot connect page you see a blue Help link, that will allow you to put in the IP of the core, use 255.255.255.255 as that sometimes works.

If @Rugby’s suggestion doesn’t help, here’s another couple of things you could try. First, reboot your core and any networking gear (router, extenders, mesh devices etc). If that doesn’t help, check that your core still recognises your iPhone as an enabled device (Settings → Audio). I can’t see why it wouldn’t, but it’s worth checking.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s much better and everything is connected!

2 Likes

Great to Hear Jason. What was the solution if you could share so Others might benefit!