iPhone remote touch screen sensitivity and choppy scrolling [Investigating]

Hi @danny, seeing you are rather active on the forum, we would all very much appreciate your comments on this issue and maybe let us know where you are with the fix and when we should expect it. Seeing that the latest build and the ones previously did not include one.

Whilst I can appreciate you are all very busy and always make efforts to add new features to your software, why is still one still not fixed given it has been (to my understanding) and keeps being reported since 2019?

Many thanks in advance.

edit As expected no reply from the big man himself.

5 Likes

Can you verify that this is being investigated for both iOS an Android? It is not specific to iOS and many Android complaints in this thread and others.

Pete, if this has been ongoing for a couple of years now, having Roon confirm its being investigated is simply not enough. They need to fix it not keep on investigating it :slight_smile:

Roon confirmed they know of this issue and also managed to reproduce it themselves.

I’ve not seen any post from Roon referring to the Android problem. I reported it quite a long time ago and even sent video of the problem to support at their request, but I’ve not heard anything since and have not seen any acknowledgement of the Android problem.

Well, then you’re welcome here to complain with us Apple fanboys :slight_smile: It’s not like Android and iOS cannot be mates :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been experiencing this screen jitter on an iPhone 12 Pro Max for nearly a year. Just today I upgraded to an iPhone 13 Pro Max hoping that the issue would be mitigated by the 120 hz refresh rate, but the problem is actually worse on this new phone. I’m beyond sick and tired of the excuses from support so I cancelled my Roon and Tidal subscriptions. Best of luck to those who are sticking it out, see you on the flip side.

3 Likes

What does this mean? You are just planing to address it, so still not working on the actual fix?

Yall should start cancelling ur subscriptions,they ain’t gonna listen if there still getting paid,no wit I mean😉

1 Like

Already done.

I do find it odd that none of my iOS devices have ever had this issue. Or not so that I’d notice. The app is as slow as many non-native framework-based apps, but this jitteriness I’ve never noticed. I do wonder if I’m just less sensitive to it than some on here or if I don’t have the issue. I do have the frequent crash after start, so it’s not like I think the app is perfect.

Frankly I wish I could see what the bad behavior looks like so I’d know if I have it too and just don’t notice! But sometimes better not to go looking for problems!

Wishing you all good luck & merry this holiday.

I’ve been experiencing this issue for quite some time (7th gen iPad). For me I think it started with v1.8, but I’m not positive. It is quite frustrating at times.

1 Like

I’ve posted a video of it here. Scroll up and you’ll find it.

I’m not able to playback the video on ipad pro, but, i’m guessing that maybe some users are more sensitive to the undesirable effects described than others. I think i can see slight stuttering on scrolling but it isn’t that intrusive to me.

I have many apps on my iPhone and not even a single one behaves the way Roon does. For something we pay, this is rather unacceptable. Notwithstanding the lack of a fix given all the complaints.

Yah. Now that I concentrate I suppose I can see it on mine too. But it’s not as pronounced as in the video, to be very fair.

Fwiw, I had to open the forums on my Windows machine to get the video to play. In a low-grade hilarious side-note, Discord seems not to like the YouTube embedded content on iOS. But that’s not Roon. Not not not Roon.

I think this whole discussion puts me even more in the camp of: fewer front end platforms, more native apps, fewer back-end platforms, more reliable data stores & OS. Tick off a bunch of people, make a better product. I still can’t believe that Roon allows & supports so many install varieties with <1m users. But I have no idea what the Pareto looks like, there are definitely some weird edge cases on here. Hadn’t heard of our thoughts about Win7 in a while until this release. I run my core on a docker container on a NAS for crying out loud. There’s a lot of permutations, whooeee. But on front end gosh I wish they could get to the point (scale, ARR) where they could afford to build & support Swift and Android native - but I’m not really a desktop user, and there are lots of them too.

When it happens on my iPad it’s very obvious, much worse than a slight stuttering.

My point was that the problem seems rather unpredictable in its effect on different devices. My experience is that if I “look hard” I can just about detect what might be described as stuttering, others find issue obvious & extremely distracting. This is likely a combination of different perceptions, and software/hardware issues which, I suspect, is a major problem to resolve across the many ios/android devices in use many of which don’t experience the problem.

Understood. :grinning::+1: I was just sharing in my case it can be much worse than slight stuttering. Sometimes it’s bad enough that I lose my place when scrolling.

Unfortunately, it seems if Roon is unable to reproduce it, a fix is unlikely. And as you said, it’s much more difficult to fix when the common denominator is elusive.

Hopefully, they are actively working on this and will fix it, but at this point I’m not holding my breath.

1 Like

They confirmed in here to have reproduced it.

1 Like

That’s good to know. I saw a post where Roon reported not being able to reproduce it, but must have missed the post where it was said they did reproduce it.