iPhone Roon app crashes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 20H2, Roon 1.7 Build 710 stable 64bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unifi Ethernet and WiFi infrastructure, Core on Ethernet, iPhone on WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Trinnov Altitude 16 (Ethernet), Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar (WiFi)

Description Of Issue

While using the iPhone app, the phone itself (iPhone 12 pro Max) gets hot very quickly, like after 20-30 seconds it is already very hot, and the phone app closes.

From another support topic my account was set to “debug”, maybe that is still the case and the reason for the described behaviour?

1 Like

I deleted the app from the iPhone and reinstalled it - no change. Interestingly, my girlfriend has an iPhone 12 pro (no max), and does not experience the issue. Also on our iPads (one pro, one mini) the issue does not exist. So it appears to happen only on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, but I don’t have any other issues with it nor do I experience the same issue with any other app.

Hello @Maximilian_Kohmaier, what version of iOS are you running on that device? Also does clearing the cache help? Lastly, next time the issue occurs, could you please reply here with the time and date you notice the crash so I can enable diagnostics for your account?

Actually it happens all the time. The last time was about 1 minute ago.

Clearing the cache does not help. Latest IOS version - 14.3.

Hello @Maximilian_Kohmaier, I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. Please try to open Roon on your phone one more time so I can collect the proper set of diagnostics, thanks!

Hello @Maximilian_Kohmaier, I got diagnostics from the core but not the phone. Could you try opening the app on the phone one more time so we can try to capture the report?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.