IPhone XS regularly not connecting as remote or as end point

I recently upgraded my iPhone from a 6S to an iPhone Xs. Since then it has regularly failed to connect as a remote and also as a client ( if you look in settings it is sat there saying initialising) . The thing is that my old iPhone continues to connect perfectly as do the three MS Surface machines we have in the house as well.
Look forward to any insight you may be able to provide
Thanks
Terry Smith

Hi @Terry_Smith,

What is your network setup like, can you let me know the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear including router, switches, range extenders, powerline adapters, access points, ect?

When does this issue occur and what triggers it? Does it mostly occur when you lock your phone screen and then wake it up again? Does it occur consistently each time you open the app? Do you have a VPN installed on your iPhone X?

Thanks,
Noris

Noris
I will come back with all of that (time consuming) information if i have to but in the meantime is there any known problems with IPhone Xs - it seems strange that every other device i have is working fine

Hi @Terry_Smith,

I have an iPhone X and regularly use it with Roon. I am not aware of there being anything specifically affecting iPhone X here vs the others. I would also try to perform a force quit when you are in this state to see if that helps but getting the other info I mentioned above would be helpful in case QA needs to look into this further.

– Noris

Thanks for getting back to me Noris
My network setup is as follows

• Router - Draytek Vigor 2862 which has two switches connected to it
  • Netgear Prosafe JG5524E & a Cisco 2960
    There is a consistent problem when the phone has been locked and then wakes up e.g first thing in the morning can take 10 mins for it to finally connect but it will also happen on occasions during the day . AS i posted previously this does not happen on my PC remotes
    I do not have VPN installed
    I hope this helps and I look forward to your response

Hi @Terry_Smith,

Where is the Core connected in this equation? If you are connecting it to either of the switches, is there any change if you temporarily try connecting directly to the router via Ethernet?

I would also take a look at the router’s multicast settings, specifically to make sure that multicast is enabled and if the router has IGMP Proxying/Snooping options available, we have seen those help with Core discovery in the past as well.

You can also refer to our Networking Best Practices for more specific settings that have helped in the past.

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.