Is it possible to "Power Off" Raspberry Touchscreen with RC or via Webinterface?

Harry,
sorry but I am too dumb:

How can I remotely switch off the display?

Jens

You just can’t, and there’s no SSh access to tinker either.

For that you need a remote control like a Flirc or an OSMC.
With the latest version you can then turn the screen off from the remote control.

Thanks

1 Like

Alrighty, missed that and stand corrected…

Harry,

many thx.
Yes, I do use the Flirc dongle which allows me to do standard Roon Navigation (next / previous title, stop, play etc.) with my 20+ years old Linn remote control.
Sorry to bother you again but how do I “teach” my remote to switch off the screen?

Jens

You can do that with the ‘standby’ or ‘power’ button. I didn’t need to teach my remote anything.
Keep in mind that this functionality is coupled to the power button on the screen: it will only work when the screen shows the power button. This requires the zone to be in rest (paused or stopped).

Thanks

Thanks Harry!

So what would be the actual use case for that functionality, since I can have the display shutoff automatically according to the timeout value with clock configured as not showing - which actually is how I’ve got mine configured.

For those that want a clock, but still have the need to shutoff the display.

But I’m going to refactor this to a much more simpler scheme: when you touch the cover art you can turn the screen off, disregarding current state.

2 Likes