Is Nucleus discontinued? [no, just not selling via online HiFi dealers anymore]

I think it’s smart as well for Roon to the sole online retailer.

Here:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-make-a-direct-connection-between-a-Roon-Nucleus-and-a-Devialet-Expert-Pro

is an article written about it in DevialetChat.

Thanks very much for that Pim. I may give it a go. Probably be a while since i only recently added the NUC but thanks .

Don’t do what that article says. I’m not being overly critical of its author because I am the author of that article. I wrote it before I found a thread here in the Roon Nucleus forums with advice on how to do the same thing from Roon’s own Danny Dulai who knows a lot more about this sort of stuff than I do.

Here’s the link to Danny’s recommendations for how to do it:

Danny’s instructions are highlighted in yellow in that thread. They work and I think it sounds better Danny’s way than it does with the settings I came up with but I have no idea why.

1 Like

But Amazon only has the Plus for sale.
It is too expensive for me.
How can I obtain the non plus version?
Thanks!

Any estimate when you’ll start to catch up on your sales? I’ve been trying to buy from a local dealer for well two months. They were promised Nuc+'s end of July. They are now saying a couple of more weeks, at least. :frowning: :frowning:

orders have been shipping for last 2 weeks… we are slowly catching up on backorders

Not at all. Roon should have an on-line presence to keep the retailers honest. But to ban all on-line sales other than Amazon? That’s just dumb. Personally, I hate Amazon, but use them because to not is to miss lots of deals. But I always prefer other channels.

So, a change in policy will have all those with both brick and mortar and online drop the product. There goes most of the retail channels.

I hated doing orders for my web store for my company. I design and build products, but I don’t want the hassle of order processing and shipping. But the on-line store I had set a celing for prices. If you go to high, customers would buy from me.

But to shut all down other than straight brick and motor? That’s just dumb.

That’s just dumb.

:rofl:

All jesting aside, Amazon does a few nice things for us that are not obvious to consumers, but should be obvious to anyone selling online:

1. they charge a more reasonable margin (~8% vs ~30% from the HiFi dealers)
  2. prevent fraudulent charges
  3. have a good system for inventory management
  4. deal with logistics

The first one alone kills the online HiFi dealers. The high margin makes sense at brick and mortar since they hold inventory, give demos, and provides sales and post-sales support. The online HiFi dealers take all that margin and give zero in return. The proof is in the pudding: when we cut them off, the orders did not slow, they just transitioned to our Amazon store. The support burden did not change, but the margin did.

If the goal is sales, we respectfully disagree.

1 Like

That’s fine. I had some outlets that only would carry at a 40% discount from retail. If it’s working, great!

If you had a much larger outlet, that gave you the same advantages plus more, for much less margin, would you not have taken it?

That’s a big question when it comes to Amazon. In general, the numbers speak from themselves. So sure.

My problems with Amazon are deeper than that. They watch sales, come out with competing products under their own brands and screw their sellers. That’s a bigger issue than what you’re facing.

When they approached me for my auto parts, they just wanted to list and have me deal with inventory. So that was a no. And the company was in the shitter by then anyway.

I’m not trolling - I’m confused.

I can’t find a Nucleus or Nucleus+ on Amazon. Your links on the Roon Nucleus page go to an empty Amazon page. Search on Amazon reveals the same.

Are you still selling either / both of these appliances?

See this thread:

Thanks, but I didn’t read anything in that link to answer my question.

I guess I will just check back later.

There was an out-of-stock situation due to the Intel shortage on various NUC lines. It has been resolved and units have been shipping for the last couple of weeks, but we are dealing with backorders from distributors/dealers, so we haven’t put up anything on Amazon for direct sale yet.

1 Like

So is the pricing less if you buy direct on amazon without having to have dealer support? Or is dealer support meant to over and above the dealer selling price?

:rofl: free shipping (with prime).

1 Like

OK, thank you. Would you post something, somewhere, when Amazon orders are available? Maybe in this thread or on the Roon Nucleus page?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.