Is Roon Compatible with MacOS 10.14 (Mojave)?

MacOS 10.14 (Mohave) is being released today. I know that running Roon on the Mohave beta required removing and re-adding Roon to the Accessibility list in the preferences. Is that still the case?

As there’s been no update from roon I doubt it…we’ll see later on today when Mojave hits the appstore.

Perhaps @danny has news?

There are some issues with how Apple has changed accessibility permissions, but there’s a workaround for the crash here that should work.

Our next release fixes that crash and will not require the workaround, so generally speaking Mojave should be fine.

1 Like

@support,

Mojave has been released to the public, what’s the compatibility status with Roon ?

A post was split to a new topic: MacOS Mojave “No OpenGL 3” error

Same as the post right above yours. It currently requires the workaround, which per Roon will be fixed in their next app update.

The current version Roon works fine on Mojave after doing the workaround :slight_smile:

I just updated my mac to MacOS Mojave (10.14) and Roon crashes on launch.

I have an iMac 27" 5K with 64GB RAM.

Please help!

David.

I want to “Like” this post, as in I’m curious about the outcome not that I’m happy it crashes for you. (I plan on updating tonight) :slight_smile:

@David_Gow @Mark_Allen:

I moved your posts over here. See the second post in this thread by @john for a temporary workaround:

Full support doing away with the crashing is underway for the next build.

3 Likes

This fix from earlier in the thread seems to have worked:

Thanks,
David.

This problem with Roon has been happening with Mojave since the first beta release and now happens even after Mojave is released to the public at large. I was told that by Roon big wigs that they never test with early Apple beta system software releases. Well, did they EVER test it or care about it because we are still seeing the same problem today months after it was first seen.

I am less and less impressed with Roon software development the longer I have the product. I am a lifetime subscriber and now wonder if I made a wise choice. Nothing really interesting has happened since I bought my lifetime license. All I have seen is excuses as to why that can’t do this or that or explanations that indicate they will be catering to the streaming crowd and could car less about people with their own library ripped from physical media.

Hey all,

I’ve moved all of the posts related to this issue to this thread. Please see Mike’s comment above for our latest update on this. We will be sure to keep this thread updated as well.

Thanks,
Dylan

1 Like

Just do the workaround, it works fine: Roon crashes on MacOS 10.14 Mojave beta

I have been running Mojave for months now. What do you think I have been doing?

Regardless, that was not the point of my post and I suspect you know that.

It would seem the poor choice you made was Apple, not Roon :grin:

You mean my poor choice was the company that had this release in developer’s hands for months instead of the company that chose to do nothing about it for months?? Whatever…

2 Likes

I don’t see what the problem is. Roon has already stated the fix will be in the next app update and they even have a workaround before that. It’s not like they’re not aware of the issue nor are they ignoring it.

Have just installed Mojave on our Mac Pro and the second you open Roon it crashes,HELP

See above: Roon crashes on MacOS 10.14 Mojave beta

Roon, in their arrogance, chose to not fix an issue that has been apparent for months. Why they would wait to fix the problem until AFTER Mojave was release boggles the mind. How many customers have to experience this problem now that did not have to if Roon had been in the slightest proactive.

I suggested months ago they should be testing with Mojave and was summarily shut down as if I were a neophyte. The developers said that they never look at early Apple system software betas because problems found are magically fixed by the time the release version comes out. Yeah, right…

1 Like