Is Roon Nucleus my missing link now?

Hi Roon community,
I have received quite a bit of useful feedback here as I continue my audio journey. Last week, I upgraded my system to include the Lumin T2 (posted about this on Audiogon as well). Paired with my Hegel H390, the sound is deeper, cleaner and more articulate than I had dreamed possible. BUT, I still have one problem… my Roon core (headless M1 mac mini) often cuts out. It is in a different part of the house and on an entirely wired network.
Often, I will sit down to listen to music and then have to run downstairs, bring up the Mac Mini display on another computer and just generally wake it up. I have it set to Sleep Never in display preferences.
Is there something I can do to avoid this problem? Some setting?
OR, do I need to buy a Roon Nucleus (which would be a big drain on finances right after the T2)? If the latter, could I get away with the original model (no stored files here, all streaming)? And would I hear an improvement in sound quality?
Thanks everyone.

This is how I have mine set, and it stays available.

1 Like

I think that I already have all of those parameters set, except the bottom one which I will double check on. I will report back… Many thanks!

The “Amphetamine” app (Mac App Store, free) really helps.

1 Like

Thanks @Doug_Hannah and @Andrew_Webb. I will check it out. I really really do not want to have to buy a Roon Nucleus. More soon, Nadine

1 Like