Is Roon ok on iPadOS 14 and iOS 14

Since updating to 14 on my XR I’m noticing a distinctly faster access of all my network apps including Roon.

I used to see a brief pause while the app ‘woke up’ but this appears to be gone with 14.

1 Like

I think I’ve noticed the same on my iPad … it doesn’t seem to lose connection, or if it does it reconnects a lot quicker.

Logitech Harmony app was notoriously slow to connect, no longer, just a blink and it’s ready

1 Like

They both operate fine in my experience (iPhone 11 pro, and iPad pro). However on iOS14 the iPhone app is still a trainwreck, but it’s the same trainwreck it was last week.

Please please please fix the iPhone app! I do not want to manually scroll through 2500 albums with no ability to jump ahead. You obviously know how to do that on the iPad app, please make the iPhone app suck less.

Sheldon

1 Like

Firstly, I disagree with the “all’ characterization. I’ve been running Roon for the past three (+/-) years without incident. Now iOS 14 on iPad, again incident free.

Unexpectedly it have started working on XS IOS14 without aby reboot
[:sunny:

One thing to perhaps turn off is the privacy option for your home network in the WiFi setting for home.

No issues on iPhone or Ipad.

No issue with Roon with iPad (6th Gen) and iPhone 11 using IOS 14

Just upgraded my iPad Pro to iPadOS 14 (had to delete Roon to make space) and it works perfectly.

If anything, it seems snappier now.

I’ve had no problems at all with my iPad

iPad OS 14 broke the roon with my iPad. Roon still works fine with macOS though…Roon remote does not see roon nucleus since the update…

Roon working fine on my iPhone 6s with iOS 14. :+1:

Edit: Also working fine on iPad (7th gen).

Did you allow it to connect to your LAN when the message came up on first launch after the update?

Hi @Robert_Rayburn

As @Henry_McLeod noticed there is question that asks for permission to connect local network. That is new in iPadOS 14.

Open setting and find Roon and check that you have ”Local Network” selected.

iPad updated to iOS 14 today. Now it won’t connect to the Roon remote core. Roon under Windows 10 is still connecting.

UPDATE

Now it’s gone from bad to worse.

Roon on Windows 10 asked me to upgrade ROCK.

So ROCK is now…
Operating System - Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Roon Server Software - Version 1.7 (build 610) stable

Now Roon on Windows 10 won’t connect. It shows me the CORE. When I click on Connect, it asks me to login.

I have two lifetime licences. No matter which one I try and use it says I’m already signed in. It gives me an option to Unauthorize the ROCK. I’m too scared to do that.

1 Like

Don’t panic, just unauthorize. You’ll be able to carry on. If you read the forums, you’ll see that this procedure is sometimes necessary after an upgrade - particularly for Cores running on a NAS.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Devialet Expert Remote and iOS14

No, the remote on iPad pro 2018 both iOS 13 and 14, it´s crashing several times a day

I have a 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch and it works flawlessly with iOS14.2 !