Is there a way to get Roon to automatically restart after a crash

I know Roon is not meant to crash but sometimes it does…
Now that ARC is available, a crash could mean that you cannot play music when away from home. If there was a way for Roon to automatically restart after a crash then this would make things more reliable.

1 Like

Hi @bob_prangnell,

I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

It’s possible to put it in startup and have it start when Windows starts but otherwise, I don’t believe there’s a way to do this.

I would be interested in what is happening with the crashing though. Can you duplicate the issue and try to provide a rough date/time estimate? We’d like to fix this for you. In addition to this, please complete the template below and paste it into your response.

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

I’m not saying it crashes now, but I’ve been using Roon for years and in that time, some versions have crashed, believe it or not…

I was a software developer, and we used various techniques to ensure that the software was working ok, responding to messages, etc. And if it failed or stopped it would be restarted… Not rocket science…

If I go away for a week I want to make sure Roon is running…

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.