Is there any limit on Database and number of album on the Library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core 1.0 227 / Roon server 1.8 756

NUC Core I7/ RAM Disk 256Mo/ Memory 64Mo
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wired Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB

Description Of Issue

Is there any limit on Database as each time I try to add my third NAS, The database goes wrong and I can’t restore any backup, I have to start from scratch my Library, it was the same behavior in 1.7 Roon Server!!

Each NAS, I have three of them (SYNOLOGY ) have 10 To of data Album of music.
With two NAS I have 29 K of Album

Let me know if there is a limit of album manage by Roon ??
Thanks for your help

The limit will be determined by your CPU and memory.

But also other factors may set limits - especially as you speak of NAS. So network and NAS performance may come to my mind. For example if it takes longer to check the files on the NASes than the preset check interval you might get into trouble.

To me, something looks wrong with this figures.

Hi

There is a mistake, I have found again the reference of the device installed on my NUC.

Thanks

Intel NUC7I7BNH Barebones (Intel Core i7-7567U, Disque dur Zoll 2,5 SSD + SSD M.2 SATA / PCIe SSD)- NOIR

Crucial CT8G4SFD8213 8Go (DDR4, 2133 MT/s, PC4-17000, DRx8, SODIMM, 260-Pin) Mémoire

Samsung SSD Interne 960 EVO (250 Go) - MZ-V6E250BW

So if I understand I need to by more memory if I want to add more information on my library but it seems each time I get issue on the integrity of the database!!!

Thanks

Yes, the first thing I would do is up the memory to 16. How many tracks total?,

There will come a threshold where a NUC’s laptop cpu will not be enough and you will need more power, aka full desktop cpu.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.