Is there really no list view?

I’m on the trial and was setup to pay for a lifetime membership, but decided not to and cancel altogether because I cannot figure out how to see artists in a list view. Scrolling through photo tiles to see artists is insane, and a very slow process and a lot of extra processing.

If there is a list view please let me know.

There is no list view for the Artist browser. If you’re using Roon on a PC or Mac, you can jump using your keyboard to type the first letter or two of the artist you want to reach.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I don’t use my computer, only my phone. Sometimes I’m in the artists starting with the letter C, and want to jump to a name that begins with W without having to type on my phone. A simple scroll or alphabet layout that I could hit W would be helpful.

The scrollbar on the artist browser on the phone will show the first letter of the names that it is positioned at, so this shows a quick way to reach the point you want.

I do not see any scrollbar on the phone. Just the Sort indicator and the filter funnel.

It should appear if you put your finger on the RHS and swipe gently up or down…

Okay, I see it. Thanks It’s so thin that it doesn’t register that I’m pressing it. I have a new iPhone 13 Pro Max if that means anything.

This will not solve your issue but may save you some frustration and/or expense. Roon is not great on a phone. It’s significantly better on a tablet and gets better with a large screen. Even spending as little as $100 on an Amazon Fire 10 tablet will transform your enjoyment of Roon over using your phone.

It’s nice Roon supplies apps for phones but its a truly crippled experience IMHO.

8 Likes