Is UEFI support included in today’s production B1148 rollout?

@Geoff_Coupe , sorry for the off-the-subject question (again), but is UEFI support included in today’s production/build 1148 rollout? I’m guessing not, since this post targets RoonOS build 253, and we’re at RoonOS build 227.

@Geoff_Coupe , please remove this comment. I can see I’m umping the gun asking (I was sure UEFI support was planned for RoonOS 2.0). Thanks.

UEFI is in Roon OS, not in Roon Server or Remote

@Suedkiez , thanks. I’m very aware. The notes on today’s rollout are very vague; that’s why I posted my question. I realize RoonOS 2.0 will be announced, but I didn’t know if this was part of:
There are a number of other usability enhancements which are not specifically called out so don’t be surprised if you notice minor changes throughout Roon and ARC.

As I said, I doubt UEFI support was pushed out; however I have no way of knowing without asking. Thanks.

@Geoff_Coupe , please remove this comment. I can see I’m umping the gun asking (I was sure UEFI support was planned for RoonOS 2.0). Thanks.

I can’t follow. You know that Roon OS was not updated in production and that the UEFI support is in Roon OS, so maybe I misunderstand what your question was.

There are a number of other usability enhancements which are not specifically called out so don’t be surprised if you notice minor changes throughout Roon and ARC.

UEFI support is not a minor change at all, nor a usability enhancement. I think you can expect a rather large announcement when people can start using ROCK on NUC11 and above :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems that Roon OS UEFi support was released last week to early access users.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roonos-nucleus-rock-1-0-build-253-earlyaccess-is-live/220804

@Suedkiez as I said, I was under the impression UEFI support was a RoonOS 2.0 change. Which is why I asked the question. I am incorrect; you are correct. Onward.

Just trying to help with the confusion, it’s not about being right. You asked the question, I thought you’d want an answer

1 Like

I thought that was clear but maybe not. Maybe that’s why @Neil_Small is misunderstanding my intent.

As the earlyaccess update is Roon OS 1.0 build 253, seems the UEFI support was brought forward and is not waiting for the release of Roon OS 2.0, which was indeed the expectation

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roonos-nucleus-rock-build-254-production-is-live/221731/2

1 Like

LOL! Yes, I got the latest, which displayed on screen as an update to Core, like yesterday. So, my question wasn’t quite so ignorant.

FWIW, I see Danny found the discrepancy between “RoonOS version” and “OS version” was due to a “stale cache” issue with Remote. A quit/restart of Remote solved the issue.
314890523_10159220455853263_3234662462302370999_n