Issue backing up to Dropbox

Hello @Jordan, I’ve submitted a few reports of this so the QA team is taking a close look at them individually, we haven’t seen any connection yet. Are Roon backups the only thing you’re storing in Dropbox? We had another user who had some images in Dropbox that were causing issues.

Hi Nuwriy, I do have other things besides Roon backups stored in Dropbox.

Is there any update on this yet? It seems to be a fairly widespread problem.

Please advise. Thanks.

Hello @Jordan, thanks for checking that. I spoke to a member of the QA team in charge of this ticket and they’re making it a priority. I should have something for you soon!

Thanks. Look forward to hearing what they come up with!

Hello @Jordan, and thanks for your patience here! Our QA team found what could be a possible networking issue when you’re trying to back up to Dropbox. They’d like to compare the logs to another set so we can confirm the issue. Could you please make another attempt to back up to Dropbox and provide a timestamp here when you start and when you receive the error? I’d appreciate it!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dropbox Backups Failing

I have been in the same boat and have sent logs in the past. Should I send another set as well?

A post was split to a new topic: Dropbox Backup Issue

Hey @Adam_Wahler, I replied on your original thread with next steps.

Hi Nuwriy, I just attempted a dropbox backup and received the same error message 8/17 22:44 - see attached screenshot.
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 10.44.15 PM

Hello @Jordan, thanks for the timestamp! I’ve sent it and a new set of diagnostics to the team.

Hello @Jordan, our QA team got back to me with some suggestions for your issue. They asked if you could do the following:

1. Relogin to dropbox and try to backup again
  2. If it’s unsuccessful, change the backup folder in dropbox and try again
  3. If it’s still unsuccessful, set up brand new dropbox account and try to backup

Nuwriy,

Thanks for your help. With the latest Roon update a few days ago, dropbox backups are now working for me, so it is not necessary to try any of the recommended steps – which by the way I had already done prior to seeking assistance (other than suggestion 3 - opening a new dropbox account, which isn’t really a practical approach).

Hello @Jordan, I’m glad things are working again! My apologies that took longer to get to a resolution, but I appreciate your patience in working with me. Please let me know if the issue returns, we’re happy to help!

Thanks Nuwriy.

I do have one follow-up question. How do backups work if more than one is set for the same time on the same days?

Let’s say, for example, that I have a Dropbox backup set for 1AM and also a local backup also set for the same 1AM. Are the two backups done sequentially (one immediately after the other)? If so, which comes first - local or dropbox? Or, are the backups done at the same time? Or does it work differently?

Can you please let me know?

Thanks.

Hi Nuwriy,
Just following up on this question. Can you please let me know the answer.
Thanks.

Again the question is:
How do backups work if more than one is set for the same time on the same days?

Let’s say, for example, that I have a Dropbox backup set for 1AM and a local backup also set for the 1AM on the same day. Are the two backups done sequentially (one immediately after the other)? If so, which comes first - local or dropbox? Or, are the backups done at the same time? Or does it work differently?

Hello @Jordan, my apologies for the delay here. I spoke to the support team and they recommended I ask our QA department. I’ll return shortly with an answer.

Hello @Jordan, and again my apologies for the delay! I spoke to the team about this and they noted that you wouldn’t be able to make both backups at the exact same time. You should see a message about a backup failing because another backup is currently being processed.

Nuwriy,
Please see the attached screenshot. I have both backups (dropbox and local) scheduled for 2AM on the same day. This seems to indicate that the backups occurred sequentially (ie, local backup first, and then dropbox immediately after). There was no message about either backup failing.

Would you please confirm with the QA team that sequential backups (local first and then dropbox) are the correct behavior and that there should be no issues with corruption of either backup?
Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 7.22.36 PM

Hello @Jordan, since they’re sequential you shouldn’t have any issues. So this looks good to us!