Issue deleting albums from Qobuz favorites due to catalogue change causing tracks to be listed as "unavailable" and encountering error messages when trying to delete them (ref#NMVFK0)

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

· Other

Describe the issue

I am having trouble deleting albums from my Qobuz favorites. Qobuz changed the BIS catalogue earlier this year and my favorites are now listed as "unavailable" when I attempt to open them. I have been slowly updating the favorites to the new versions and deleting the old favorites. Starting about 1.5-2 weeks ago when I attempt to delete an album from Qobuz that I have as a favorite, I get an error message that "These tracks could not be deleted because they either were not found, or because you don't have permission to delete files from the hard drive." So I end up with two versions in my library, the new one and the old unavailable one. If I repeat the attempt at deleting the old one I sometimes end up with three versions in my library.

Describe your network setup

Minisforum UM690
AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX (8C/16T up to 4.9Ghz) processor 32GB DDR5 RAM Kingston SSD 512GB 2280 PCle4.02 M.2 Internal Solid State Drive

Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS Server

Roon Server Software Version 2.0 (build 1353)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

GB Ethernet Connection to UM690 ASUS RT-AC86U No VPN

Correction: I am Running Roon Server version 2.0 1413

Hello @CoralRad ,

Thanks for your message. Can you please try to create a Backup of your current database, ensure that you have all your active storage drives that you’d like to keep as part of your Roon library connected, and then perform a library cleanup function:

Let us know if this helps.

Seems likely, that we have overlapping threads regarding the same erroneous server behavior, see here!?

I‘ll jump on @noris‘ post and like to report, that there‘s nothing shown to clean up in this situation, at least in my case.

1 Like

I’ve already tried this numerous times, and I just tried again. It does not help. Please advise on next step.

Same for me… didn’t cause anything…

I able able to delete Qobuz albums again. And the albums I previously tried to delete are now gone. Issue seems to be resolved. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.