Issue ez-16: Reword ominous warning dialog shown when selecting a DSP preset if current settings are modified

Reword ominous warning dialog shown when selecting a DSP preset if current settings are modified.

In the DSP browser, if a preset has been altered and a different one selected without saving the changes first, the following prolix warning is displayed:

Rather than critique this ominous sounding warning in detail – and it would be fun – I would suggest an alternative.

The current preset has been modified. Do you
want to save it before loading a new one?
          [yes]   [no]   [cancel]

Hey, @dylan.

Regarding Issue ez-16: Reword ominous warning dialog shown when selecting a DSP preset if current settings are modified

I think this one is really a bug and should go back into the support forum. It’s certainly not a feature request. What feature do you think I’m requesting?

I’m a software engineer. I once wrote an embedded DSL and full UX development system. I fully understand how DSP works. Yet this dialog had me confused as hell when I first saw it. I wonder how many people have the same reaction as I?

Like, what is “this DSP engine”, and how does it differ from other DSP engines?

Or, what’s a configuration? Is it the same as a preset, or something else entirely?

And, why can’t it be undone by going back and changing the settings again? Will it lock me out of using DSP forever?

Thanks,
- Eric

PS - I tried sending this to you by PM but it seems PMs are considered topics, and I’ve reached the limit for new topics today.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.