Issue loading database after disc cloning

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win 10 64bit / 1.7 build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

N/A

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

N/A

Description Of Issue

Hi, I have installed a new M.2 SSD into my PC and cloned all the content from the old one that I just want to use for storage only. After this I am getting the error loading database issue in Roon. Roon starts, but just displays this message and that’s it, not settings or anything… I have database backups on another SSD.

Is there any way to recover from this without the need to reinstall Roon completely and losing all settings, listening history, etc…?

Did you do a backup of Roon from the old drive? Why not do a new install of Roon to the new SSD, then restore Roon from the backup?

1 Like

Thanks! That did it. I was afraid I would lose something by uninstalling the original installation, but the restore backup process was really easy and restored everything!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.