Issue Loading - Database Windows 10

I’m having same issue: here’s a link to my logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gaaxjtawp8c5f8f/mickstilwell%40yahoo.com_Logs.7z?dl=0

exact message is: There was an issue loading your database

same setup: Roon core running on a dedicated Win10 x64

Hi @Mick_Stilwell,

I took a look at the logs, but I am not seeing anything jump out at me. Is the behavior the same if you reboot your Core?

yes, I’ve re-installed and tried 2 different backups, same behavior. Re-starting goes right to the error screen and no other options.

Hi @Mick_Stilwell,

Can you please try these steps and let me know if it changes anything?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Try restoring from your backup again

ok, but this will be third time I’ve done that.

Hi @Mick_Stilwell,

Did you rename the database location the last time around? If you did that’s strange because usually logs would indicate when database fails to load and I did not see such traces in the logs you sent. If you reinstalled Roon another way using the instructions above would provide a cleaner reinstall.

same outcome, I’ve re-named the location each time. I saw those instructions on the first ticket, so I’ve used that each time.

latest logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt9ycmrks303df0/mickstilwell%40yahoo.com_Logs.zip?dl=0

Hi @Mick_Stilwell,

Thank you sending the new log set, this set does contain some more information.

I spoke with our team today regarding their evaluation of the logs from your install. Sometimes, errors like the one you saw can be spurious, but unfortunately in this case they are seeing signs of low level corruption in your database.

This type of error is extremely rare for us and not one that we see often. Our database infrastructure is designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, and we don’t take this class of issue lightly.

We’ve traced a few reports like this in the past to hard drive integrity issues but generally speaking, this means that Roon is reading information from your hard drive that is different from what was originally written, and the database is now unable to load properly.

What’s Next?

If you’ve been making regular backups, my advice would be to roll back to one of your older backups. If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

If you do not have any older backups, unfortunately you will need to start with a fresh database.

Again, this class of issue is extremely rare for us and you have our apologies for the trouble here.

ok, Thanks, I’ll try some older backups and if all else fails a clean install.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.