"Issue Loading Your Database"

I’m not sure if I should be piling on an existing thread or creating my own. I’m going with the latter. I was having some issues with Tidal tracks not loading in a radio stream. I tried going into settings and noticed Tidal hadn’t “synced” for couple days. Manually attempting a sync failed, so I decided to log out of Tidal and log in again. After logging into Tidal, Roon crashed while in the midst of syncing my Roon library. Now I can’t get Roon to open without seeing the sad face “Issue loading you database” error page.

I’m running the latest version of roon (161) on a Macbook running El Capitan (10.11.6). I’ve tried to restart the program and the computer a couple times, but the error message is consistent.

It sounds like the database has been corrupted. Do you have a backup of your database? Let’s flag for @support re the crash.

1 Like

If you want to get up and running in the meantime see the FAQ here Where is my Roon database located? to locate and copy your (likely corrupted) database to a new location in case support want to look at it, then delete it, fire up Roon and point it to your music again via watched folder.

Hi @vaguedetails ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here.

Moving forward, I would like to grab a set of logs from you and will be contacting you via PM momentarily with instructions.

In the mean time, can you offer any further insight into how this issue may have occurred. Being as this issue seems to have started recently (based on your feedback), has anything changed in your setup? New applications? Updates?

Furthermore, the advice that @evand is offering is sound. If you can make up a backup of your current DB and roll back to a previous one that would be ideal while we investigate. The other option here (as Evan mentioned), would to temporarily try with a fresh DB. I have provided instructions on how to do so below, should you choose to give it a shot :sunglasses:

Fresh DB (Temporary):

1. Locate your Roon folder
  2. Make a backup of your current DB.
  3. After a back up has been created and saved elsewhere, rename the DB (from which the back up was made from) to something like Roon_old.
  4. Reinstall Roon from our website.
  5. Log in, and add your Watched Folders back.

-Eric