"Issue loading your library" after upgrading

I’ve been an extremely happy Roon user for years. My system consists of:
QNAP TS-473A
SonicTransporter i5
Windows 10
iOS remotes

I updated my iPhone, iPad, PC and SonicTransporter. But when restarting, Roon could not find my core. This is the first problem I’ve had in ages.

I’ve scoured this forum (and SGC’s support) to no avail. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled to the point that I’ve corrupted my database somewhere along the line. I am now unable to restore from back-up as it appears there’s some issue there as well.

Now I’m stuck at the "restore from back up screen in Roon. How do I get past this screen and do a fresh install? I think that may be the only way back from the dead for me.

What happens when you try that?

Do you remember what Build you were on before this upgrade?

Your Core is the SGC, with Control on Windows?

I was on build 1.8.

Correct, Core on SGC with control on Windows. That was the initial issue. 2.0 would not connect to the core on the SonicTransporter.

When I try to restore from a back up, I get a message that says there is no back-up in the folder (in my “Roon Backup” folder - that I have set to run every other day) It says the folder is empty, yet I can see “files”. So then I went to an external hard drive that has older backups. I select the most recent one, which is 6 months old, and the process begins but then fails…

That isn’t a Build number. That’s a Version number. The current Version/Build is V2.0 Build 1128. I think the last V1.8 Build was 1125.

The reason I ask is that there was a problem with Roon backing up corrupted libraries and that was supposed to have been fixed a few Builds ago. That could be the problem with the backup that is 6 months old.

Doesn’t really matter. You should be able to use your current backups. What happens if you try to ‘Find Backups’ in Settings==>Backups? Do you see the backup drive listed?

Here’s some of mine, e.g. -

1 Like

First, thank you for assisting. I very much appreciate it. I thought the build was also 1128 for the 1.8 version, but I’m going from memory and that might not be correct. I know when I began the troubleshooting the build for 2.0 was 1128, so my recollection is likely not accurate.

When it searches for the backs-up, similarly to the screencap you’ve included, I select the folder and it says either “no back ups found” or “folder empty” or if it actually begins the process, then it fails.

Yikes, that’s not a good sign. You should be able to use V1.8 Backups for V2.0.

Tagging @support for this.

Good luck.

Thanks again…@support any help you can provide to assist me getting past this back up screen would be very much appreciated. At this point, I don’t care if I have to completely reinstall and build my database back from the ground up. Because as of this moment, my entire Roon system is completely down.

Hi @Thomas_Eviston,

I’m sorry for your problems. Hopefully nothing is lost but in the end I’m certain we can get you up and running.

Try these steps and let me know. I’ll be monitoring for a reply:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Wes

Thanks to all that have assisted.

While not ideal, I uninstalled completely, including the database and preferences, and reinstalled from scratch. This allowed me to get past the “backup” screen where I had been stuck. It also allowed Roon to connect to my SonicTransporter core. Now begins the databased rebuild. With 41K+ tracks will take a while. However, it is back up and running.

Thanks All!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.