My setup:
Core machine: Mac Mini M1 2020, 16 Gb, macOS Big Sur

• Wireless WIFI
    Remotes: Lenovo TB-8704F Android, iPhone SE
    Audio device: Bluesound Node 2
  • Ethernet cable connected.
    Networking Gear:
    TP-Link Deco M5, optical fiber to the house

I have used Tidal about a year now, 176 albums, 2615 tracks.
I have now Roon 14 days free, so I am a new user. I am only playing Tidal, no library tracks at all.

The issue: I have logged in to core machine and opened the Roon. Roon (Tidal) is playing music. I have used as remote Lenovo or iPhone. Music will stop after about 1 hour 15 minutes… 1 hour 30 minutes. The streaming just stops in the middle of the song.
The remote device can´t open the Core. I have to log in to Mac mini, click the Roon Core app active (empty page) and start playing music again.
Is it possible, that Core-PC goes to sleep and Roon stops? I have check the Mac mini settings, I haven’t found a reason.

Sounds like your Mac is going to sleep and hard drives shut down. As a result, your core will stop playing.

I have turned off the sleeping mode in “Energy saver” setting. It won’t help. And anyway, how should I use my Mac with Roon, it would be consuming for my pc to not let it sleep at all - isn’t it?

I got this through Mac´s preferences, works ok now.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.