Issue switching input on Storm Audio ISP

I am running the most recent build of the Roon core on a Mac, but I am having issues having the software automatically switch to the selected playback device when that device is a Storm Audio Roon-ready device. I’m running a beta of the new Storm firmware, but I don’t seem to be encountering the issue when I revert back to build 610 of Roon. Under build 710, I get the usual “Starting playback on device - this may take a moment!” and I can see the Storm ISP changing to the Roon input, but playback doesn’t start, and I get an “Audio device refused to switch input to Roon” error on the Mac - even though the Storm is clearly on Roon’s input. If I select another input, then manually select Roon again from the Storm remote, playback starts.
Again, this only seems to happen under the newest build. It’s fine under build 610. (I think there was an in-between build, but I can’t find a link to download it to test that.)

1 Like

Hi @John_Mackey,

Welcome to the forum!

Is there any change in behavior if you try to power cycle both your Storm and Core? Power off, unplug, wait a minute, power back on.

Does the issue also occur on sable firmware on our latest build or just on beta firmware?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.