Issue with DTS (5.1) wav file playback

i think it doest matter if its vero4k or something else… Its arm based linux … where i installed roon bridge 32bit.

the link is recording of the sound produced by my AVR while playing mch flac… if i close client few times then it playbacks fine.

Sorry, my post was in response to this response from Carl to my post asking about a source of DTS music

I thought maybe he meant to include a link in his post.

any update to this issue?

Hi @John_Smith ----- Thank you for the feedback here, the insight is appreciated.

I have read through your posts and in order for me to properly advise on this behavior you are reporting may I very kindly ask you for the following:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link.

• Please provide screenshots of…

• Your signal path leaving Roon when you hear the “noise” mentioned in your previous post.

• The playback settings you are using for the VERO4K + AVR zone (Complete screenshots of the: “General” and “Playback” tabs).

(path: “settings” > “audio” > click the “gear icon” next to the audio zone and select “device setup”)

• What is the experience like when you send a different format to the VERO4K + AVR zone?

-Eric

Hi,
could you please commend on the last post at Is there an Roon endpoint that supports multichannel?

I think we are duplicating the same issue. So far im not able to find any suggrestion related to OS/HW for MCH from roon team.

hi,
i dicontinued membership due to unability to response to my question. There are multiple threads with the same issue and i was not able to see anyone from roon team to answer comment to any of these…

Could you please let noew to all people searching for the same solution if its possible to run NUC7i5BNH for multichannel playback via hdmi using ROCKs only as roon bridge? Is it capable to playback multichannel (5.1 etc) 24bit flacs?

thanks

is there any update or this thread is dead?

I can’t answer, as I don’t do that.
But I think I have seen discussions here saying YES on HDMI output, and YES on multi-channel.
I don’t know if the combination works.
But if you have the equipment, can’t you test it, and tell us?

i dont have an equipment, i need to buy intel nuc but i dont know which model is ok. Many ppl say it will work but still missing details if nuc with celeron is enough or if it has to be i3 etc… and of course guys from Roon are completely quiet.

There are plenty of documents in the knowledge base.
@andybob @carl can you help point to the right place?

No Celeron. An i3 is good for most purposes, unless you have extremely complex requirements. (I had an i5 NUC, recently switched to an i3 Nucleus.)

You can also search in the site.
I found this discussion, it’s about a NUC with Linux, but the answer for multi-channel over HDMI is yes.

why no celeron? I need it for an endpoint only not a core.

Ah.

Ok, you need to read.
I don’t know.

Hi @John_Smith

This is the Multichannel page in the KB. I have no personal experience with Multichannel or HDMI. Does that page answer your query ?

This is the Roon Bridge page in the KB. Roon Bridge will run on (nearly) any computer that uses the specified operating systems, including a Celeron.

The search function in the Knowledge Base is always worth a check as it may provide quicker results than a query on the Forum.

I’ll say this: I’ve had no trouble playing multichannel flac over hdmi on my win 10 RAAT endpoint. Add dts on Linux and I don’t know. You can always convert your files to flac.

1 Like

The DTS in question is not a file type nor is it multichannel to anything but a DTS decoder. It is just stereo 16 bit 44.1 kHz PCM that already may be stored as FLAC and can be transmitted over any bit perfect signal path.

AJ

Then HDMI is irrelevant and also unnecessary.

what re you talking about?

@John_Smith —— Touching base with you here, in regard to your question about what device can function as a RoonBridge and perform multichannel playback.

Any NUC is going to be more than adequate to act as a RoonBridge, even for very demanding formats. The reason you are seeing the FLAC files being converted to 2.0 is because Airplay can only support 2 channels. Additionally, for DTS being transmitted over AirPlay, there is a chance that the Marantz sr 6011’s AirPlay implementation is not bit perfect OR the receiver itself does not support DTS over AirPlay.

I think it was a wise choice to get AirPlay out of the mix here and testing with the Vero4K. Are you still noticing the mentioned buzzing with this configuration in place and does restarting your client a few times return things to functioning order?

-Eric